Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: New user with VDJ, problem with Karaoke Files

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I am a new user trying to get my Karoke files to play on this. I load the cdg on one deck and the mp3 on the other and hit play on both one after the other. I see the lyrics on the screen in the background while the same lyrics are spinning in front of it. How can I turn this spinning screen off? is there a better way to play both files at the same time? Is it easy to hit just one play button and have both decks start at the same time? Thanks for your help, I am a noob

Posted Thu 10 Nov 16 @ 2:57 am
ZIP the CDG and MP3.

Don't drag and drop the CDG file.

If both CDG and MP3 on the same folder, use vdj browser and load the mp3 (vdj just shows the mp3 and not the cdg file).

Better off ZIPPING the two files IMO.

Posted Thu 10 Nov 16 @ 3:13 am
Normally if you load the mp3 and video-screen is enabled, then the cdg is loaded automatically.

Posted Thu 10 Nov 16 @ 1:55 pm
The Magic.DJ wrote :
ZIP the CDG and MP3.

Don't drag and drop the CDG file.

If both CDG and MP3 on the same folder, use vdj browser and load the mp3 (vdj just shows the mp3 and not the cdg file).

Better off ZIPPING the two files IMO.

ZIP files are good if you absolutely must have the reduced file sizes, but there are two major drawbacks that I'm aware of: it creates an additional layer of processing that must be performed every time you load a track--extra CPU usage--and it adds an additional point of potential failure as well. Both CDG and MP3 files can get (slightly) corrupted and still be usable, but ZIP files cannot. For this reason, I actually unzipped my entire karaoke library. I also choose to use newer video formats (MP4, etc.) whenever possible, even though this requires manually tagging the tracks as karaoke in VirtualDJ.

Posted Fri 13 Jan 17 @ 5:20 am
Turn the satellite transition effect off... select none

Posted Fri 13 Jan 17 @ 5:43 am
hrdnxPRO InfinityMember since 2011

Posted Fri 13 Jan 17 @ 10:33 am
Thanks for this, I might give this a try. I am wondering if I maybe I inadvertently reduced the bitrate when i zipped all my karaoke files years ago. Maybe i can get some quality back by unzipping them all. I know you cant get back quality if you have compressed audio, but I am not sure if its zipped, if the info is actually still there.

Posted Fri 13 Jan 17 @ 10:53 am
hrdnx wrote :
http://www.softpedia.com/get/CD-DVD-Tools/CD-DVD-Rip-Other-Tools/MP3-G-Toolz.shtml
Use this to either zip or unzip .cdg+mp3 karaoke files
Both files must have same name

I just tried to download this program and my virus protection went nuts, told me it was full of viruses ans spyware? needless to say I wasn't about to risk it

Posted Sat 14 Jan 17 @ 11:11 pm
hrdnxPRO InfinityMember since 2011
Hmmmm
Seems the Original website is down....
sorry

Posted Mon 16 Jan 17 @ 3:00 pm
I tried to google another product that would do the same thing, but didn't find anything. I would be interested to convert them and see if there is any difference in quality. If you find anything give me a shout please.

Posted Mon 16 Jan 17 @ 3:03 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
zip is lossless compression, so using the cdg and mp3 separately or inside a zip makes no difference in quality.

Posted Mon 16 Jan 17 @ 3:20 pm
Thank you for confirming Adion. I Won't waste my time then.

Posted Mon 16 Jan 17 @ 3:25 pm
To be clear: I wasn't suggesting that ZIP was bad because it reduces quality. It adds an additional layer of processing each time you load the track, and it makes your files less tolerant of data corruption, so I prefer MP3+CDG instead of ZIP of the same. I believe Don Moir has the correct solution to your problem, above.

Posted Wed 18 Jan 17 @ 3:30 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
To be honest I'd personally rather know if a file got corrupt rather than find out while playing it has some glitches.

The additional processing extracting a zip is negligible these days.

Posted Wed 18 Jan 17 @ 6:38 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)