Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: VDJ 8.2.3510 audio interference

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I just installed VDJ 8.2, latest version (3510), on my test rig, and now the audio of many of my mp4 video clips is plagued with a constant popping interference... Has anyone noticed this problem too? Is there maybe a (new) configuration option I have to change?

Posted Mon 07 Nov 16 @ 6:35 pm
Seems I'm the only one experiencing this audio problem with the new VDJ version...
:(

Posted Mon 07 Nov 16 @ 11:53 pm
Isn't there anyone on the forum who can tell me if and what I need to reconfigure in the new VDJ version to avoid the non-stop popping of the audio of some of my music videos?

Posted Wed 09 Nov 16 @ 2:03 pm
I'm certainly no expert, and I haven't yet ventured into video, but i had similar popping noise with audio files. It was due to latency. I was using a not so great audio interface so purchased a low latency one and problem is gone. As a short term fix though I disabled the "exclusive audio access" in the settings and this fixed it. Might be worth a quick try just to see if it solves it.

Posted Wed 09 Nov 16 @ 2:22 pm
Andy, you're a life saver! That was it!!! THANK YOU!

@ the devs: should such a thing not be looked into?

Posted Wed 09 Nov 16 @ 4:51 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
By default exclusiveAudioAccess is set to No.
If you set it to Yes, it is your own responsibility to choose a matching latency depending on your computer :)

Posted Wed 09 Nov 16 @ 5:10 pm
I understand and agree with you, Adion.

The problem here, however, was that something changed between two different versions of VDJ and caused this problem with THE SAME SETTINGS that did not cause problems before! That is clearly NOT my responsability.

Posted Wed 09 Nov 16 @ 5:34 pm
So you came here and got help, that's what the forum is for.

Posted Wed 09 Nov 16 @ 6:30 pm
Yes, and I am grateful. But that's not the issue here.

Posted Wed 09 Nov 16 @ 6:46 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
I can't think of any recent changes that could affect this specifically though, and so far there doesn't seem to be any other reports of it stopping to work.

Posted Wed 09 Nov 16 @ 6:49 pm
What version did you update from?

Posted Wed 09 Nov 16 @ 6:52 pm
Now that's a good question! I have no idea, I'm afraid, so that particular road of troubleshooting is closed. It would have been the right road though...

Posted Wed 09 Nov 16 @ 6:56 pm
Deejay Corny wrote :
Andy, you're a life saver! That was it!!! THANK YOU!

No worries, it's very rare I know enough to help many people so I'm pleased it has fixed it for you.

Posted Wed 09 Nov 16 @ 7:25 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)