Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: A very unfortunate problem

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Here's the link to videos of what is happening between my Stanton DJC.4 and the latest Virtual DJ.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpYnWvLd2aWFta0cWg3e64w

I tested it on VDJ 7 as well and on 2 separate computers, both running Windows 10. Same issues.

I took it to a dj store and they couldn't figure it out either. I'm on my second unit and the odds of getting two faulty units of a mass produced stanton product are highly unlikely. So it's not the DJC.4.

I have the latest drivers for it and asio.
I've tried using on board PC sound card and Stanton sound card.

As far as I can tell, everything points to the software; wether it doesn't respond well with Windows 10 64 bit or maybe since the djc.4 is one of the less popular controllers out there, that maybe the mapping might have been overlooked.

VDJ Staff told me to delete settings file, but that is about all the help (it seems) they are willing to give.
So I'm turning to the forum again.

There doesn't seem to be any other software out there that supports this unit so I'm quite desperate to get this solved. It is very irritating, especially since no one seems to have any idea, like I'm alone here. :/

Any acknowledgement would be greatly appreciated.

- furtive

Posted Fri 04 Nov 16 @ 5:27 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Mapping looks fine, possibly the in built def file but I doubt that
Testing with 7 and 8 could mean it's vdj at fault but doesn't exclude another faulty unit.
Have you tried a different usb cable
Have you tried another machine
Have you tried with other software

Also please be more descriptive as to what you are doing.

Posted Fri 04 Nov 16 @ 6:29 am
Is I understand it v7 an v8 are 2 different programs.
They started over with v8. So if it happens in both versions it's probably not the software

What about the driver? Have you used the same driver in all tests? Could that be the issue?
Or the driver combined with windows 10?

Posted Fri 04 Nov 16 @ 6:31 am
Good call on the driver & wind 10, the most likely candidate.

Just because v7 & 8 are rewrites, doesn't mean code wasn't duplicated - although if it was vdj at fault every user would have the problem and that unit was shipped with LE.
Try another machine, the shop you bought if from may let you try theirs [they may have even tried there's the first time to find the unit at fault]

Posted Fri 04 Nov 16 @ 7:03 am
I have a Desktop PC and a Laptop, both running Windows 10.
Same issues happened.

Could be a mix of asio and/or stanton official drivers with Windows 10.

The DJC.4 doesn't seem too popular up against big brands like pioneer. I've tried researching the problems I have, but have not found anyone with similar issues.

Posted Fri 04 Nov 16 @ 7:50 am
Have you tried using wasapi instead of asio?

Posted Fri 04 Nov 16 @ 7:56 am
Is there a singular wasapi driver install?
All I could find was foobar bundles.

Link?

Posted Fri 04 Nov 16 @ 8:08 am
no link needed
select it from audio config

Posted Fri 04 Nov 16 @ 8:49 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
It's definitely a sound card driver issue.
Which driver did you install ? The x86 or the 64 folder ?
Try to uninstall the DJC4 Drivers from Program and Features and install the drivers again from the x86 folder (32 bits)

- While Stanton DJC4 is connected, make sure the Stanton USB sound card is not the default sound card of Windows.
- Do you see the DJC4 properly in Devices Manager , without any yellow triangles ?
- Post a screenshot here of the AUDIO setup of VirtualDJ with the DJC4 ASIO drivers applied.
- When the ASIO driver is used in Audio setup of VirtualDJ, click on the ASIO button you will see at the bottom. Does the Panel open ? Post a screenshot of that window here.

Posted Fri 04 Nov 16 @ 12:40 pm
I'm only using the usb cable to connect the controller to my computers.
Could that mean that it's the pc sound card?

Posted Sat 05 Nov 16 @ 3:26 pm
hh73PRO InfinityMember since 2006
my 2 cents. i had this controller. and sent it back within a week. the sound quality is absolute shit. and its just i would say for kids. do youself a favor. ebay it. and get a denon mc4000. or an s4, or even one of the many numarks. stanton makes great needles and cartridges. i use the 830e or something like that made for final scratch. but that stanton controller you mixes will come out tinny and thats not cool. numark, denon in that price range are worth looking into. the pioneers are good. but way overpriced

Posted Mon 07 Nov 16 @ 11:41 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)