Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Denon MC4000 Slight Delay When I Release The Platter ?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

when you cant wait to clock out from work, rush home and play with your new toy.... (But) i do have a Question for my fellow DJ's who use the MC4000...i'm Not sure if its because I'm so used to my Denon Sc3900's but I'm practicing some mixing and i feel there iz a slight delay once I let go of the platter to play the song ? Iz there a setting in the vdj options I can or need to adjust ? Again maybe its me being used to spinning platters... I came from TT,Then Denon Dns-3500's then NS7 then Sc3900's and now this iz my 1st (non spinning) DJ gear

Posted Wed 26 Oct 16 @ 11:22 pm
lincol2PRO InfinityMember since 2011
What is your is your rampStartTime set at? Mine is @ 0.000000 .

Posted Thu 27 Oct 16 @ 12:09 am
ohshit wrote :
What is your is your rampStartTime set at? Mine is @ 0.000000 .

its at zero...i believe its just me LOL its my 1st tyme using something with a non spinning platter :-)

Posted Thu 27 Oct 16 @ 12:16 am
lincol2PRO InfinityMember since 2011
Lets hear what other good people who has this comptroller too has to say about the setting. Or it could be me not hearing the difference.

Posted Thu 27 Oct 16 @ 12:42 am
Coming from tables myself, the first thing I had to train myself was to not push forward on the platter during the release like I did with tables (I'm heavy handed).

What type of scratches are you trying to pull off? With more complex scratches you will notice a difference in the delay until you learn to compensate for it.

Posted Thu 27 Oct 16 @ 1:39 am
the SOUND INSURGENT wrote :
Coming from tables myself, the first thing I had to train myself was to not push forward on the platter during the release like I did with tables (I'm heavy handed).

What type of scratches are you trying to pull off? With more complex scratches you will notice a difference in the delay until you learn to compensate for it.

LoL im not a scratcher at all.... when i mix i "scratch Mix" meaning (hope i can explain it right) ;-) song playing on deck 1, crossfader in the middle & deck 2 i catch a certain beat scratch it in and release..hope that made sense...on my 3900's my mix / the beat is on point... if i mix for example the same two songs on this mc4000 seems like a small delay so the mix is a lil off....hope i made any sense at all LOL

Posted Thu 27 Oct 16 @ 5:04 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)