Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: "Shrill" Sound with Denon DN-HC4500 with Lenovo ThinkCentre

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

JBBDjsPRO InfinityMember since 2016
I am using a Denon DN-HC4500 with Virtual DJ 8.2. Due to space constraints, I am hoping to use this Lenovo mini PC, https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1242646-REG/lenovo_10hy002aus_thinkcentre_m700_tiny_desktop.html. Music is stored on an external HD and I'm running to an external mixer.

My issue is that this combination creates a very "shrill" and high pitched sound quality. When I switch back to my older HP laptop, the sound softens again and everything is fine. This HP laptop has an Intel 2, 3 GB of RAM, and operating on a 64 bit Windows 7 Professional operating system.

So my question is why would the Lenovo ThinkCentre detailed above create a different sound quality?

Posted Wed 26 Oct 16 @ 4:17 pm
If you are using the Denon Asio drivers supplied with the HC4500 then it shouldn't.

The sound card is in the controller.

Posted Wed 26 Oct 16 @ 4:24 pm
That's what makes this so mysterious. The sound card I'm using is definitely the Asio on the Denon player (and it's up-to-date) but the sound becomes shrill when I use the Lenovo mini PC. So it must be a spec on the Lenovo creating the bad sound. The Denon DN-HC4500 is a legacy product...I believe they stopped making them around 2010. Could it be a compatibility with newer PC technology issue?

Posted Wed 26 Oct 16 @ 4:50 pm
Can't see what could be wrong here at all. With that setup you're not using the laptop sound at all.

Posted Wed 26 Oct 16 @ 5:14 pm
Maybe a ground loop? Do you get the same with WASAPI configuration?

Posted Wed 26 Oct 16 @ 5:34 pm
It's not a ground loop as the problem has persisted at several different venues. And everything sounds good again when I switch to my old HP laptop...all running through same power. Other laptops sound good too. It's just the mini Lenovo ThinkCentre PC that sounds "shrill." I need to pinpoint what spec on the Lenovo is incompatible with the Denon DN-HC 4500.

I have tried WASAPI configuration with same result.

Posted Wed 26 Oct 16 @ 6:13 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)