Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Order of effects

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Is there a way to pick which effects happen first/last etc? How do numbered effect slots interact with effects called by name? I'm having issues where an echo is happening before a filter instead of after, also I'd like to add compression and similar things to the end of the effect chain.

Posted Fri 21 Oct 16 @ 11:04 pm
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
The filter is on channel, pre if you want to filter the echo, use the filter fx turned on after the echo

Posted Fri 21 Oct 16 @ 11:40 pm
Yeah I know that, but I don't like VDJs built in filter much, the SBDJ effect is better sounding and that's how I ended up here :)

Posted Sat 22 Oct 16 @ 12:14 am
The order of effects processing in VirtualDj is the order you activate them.
It doesn't matter the number of the slot. The second effect you activate on a chain gets as input the output of the first effect.

Posted Sat 22 Oct 16 @ 4:08 am
Hmm OK, that's kind of unfortunate but I'm glad to know how it works thank you.

Posted Sat 22 Oct 16 @ 11:13 am
Why dont you map the filter knob to control sbdj filter effect and have your problem solve

Posted Sat 22 Oct 16 @ 1:06 pm
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
I wrote a script (for the volume fx) in a thread called echo techniques,
It shows you how to make a make an effect always last,

Essentially when the dial is moved off centre the fx is turned on, once centred the fx turns off

Posted Sat 22 Oct 16 @ 1:35 pm
Picu: I've done that, that's not really the issue.

Loco: I'll check it out.

The issue comes down to turning effects on and off and having certain effects always on, for instance if you wanted to have a compressor/limiter style plugin last in your effect chain you would have to turn every effect you could ever possibly need on and leave them on or they would end up after the compressor. Even in simpler situations this causes a problem like in the case of having an autowah followed by an echo, if you turned the wah off it would end up after the echo the next time you turned it on. Every software has limitations though and this is one I will have to work with using VDJ.

Posted Sun 23 Oct 16 @ 2:54 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)