Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Where has the temporary cue save on load option gone?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

MiloszDJControlleristMember since 2016
Please do not tell me that I have moved from Serato and bought VDJ for the readon that on load I can quickly start the song from my recent temp cue (set by just presing CUE) and you have removed that feature.

I have time to play only from time to time and I am sure that no longer than a month ago the option was still there! I could load a song press the CUE button and after reloading the song again in a minute the cue point was still ther for immediate start! I loved that feature and spent my money on VDJ because I didn't like lack of it in Serato.

Please don't tell me that from now on I will have to every single time push the wheel and set the cue again and again with the same song. (and please don't suggest hot cues - why would you have to set it up and then choose every single time onload if it was so beautiful and simple and QUICK before). I checked some autocue options but it doesnt work as expected.
What happened people? and when?

Posted Fri 21 Oct 16 @ 8:40 pm
Temporary cues are only stored between the same session. That's why they are called "temporary"
Once you restart the software they are forgotten. That was always the case with VirtualDj 8.
You can use hot cues for permanent cues. If you set hot cue 1 and set autocue to "cue" then the song will load cued on first hot cue automatically

If using a hot cue button to store a permanent cue is too much for you, then you can remap your cue button with this code:

play ? cue_stop : cue ? cue_stop : param_equal get_cue 2 ? set_cue 2 & goto_cue 2 : param_equal get_cue 3 ? set_cue 3 & goto_cue 3 : param_equal get_cue 4 ? set_cue 4 & goto_cue 4 : param_equal get_cue 5 ? set_cue 5 & goto_cue 5 : param_equal get_cue 6 ? set_cue 6 & goto_cue 6 : param_equal get_cue 7 ? set_cue 7 & goto_cue 7 : param_equal get_cue 8 ? set_cue 8 & goto_cue 8 : set_cue 1 & goto_cue 1

Posted Sat 22 Oct 16 @ 3:47 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)