Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Simple script question

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I have three spare buttons on my akai apc mini, and was trying last night to script them. I wanted one button to increase the key, one to decrease the key and then the other to reset it back to normal. I managed to do this after some googling and found a post from Locodog. The script was key_move +1 and key_move -1, think the other one was key_lock or something. Anyway, it did exactly what i wanted, and even lit the LED when active. However, it only worked on the left deck. I tried adding in active_deck before the script but to no avail, as well as a few other things i could think of. I want it to automatically apply the key change to the active deck, whichever one is playing. Can anyone tell me what the script should be please.

Posted Fri 21 Oct 16 @ 8:44 am
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
First, the active deck and the playing deck could be two different things.

But the action key_move +1 should already only apply to the active deck.

How do you change the selection of you decks?

Posted Fri 21 Oct 16 @ 9:59 am
That's a good point, I have started to mix with the eq rather than the cross fader. Does it decide which deck is active from the crossfader position? i keep this in the middle now and mix with eq, or at least i am at the minute. I could move the crossfader over though once mixed if that cures it. I assumed it would decide which deck is active from which one is playing

Posted Fri 21 Oct 16 @ 10:18 am
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Usually its the last deck loaded, on 2 deck skin A or B will light to show you which is default.

The keyboard tab key performs the the script
deck select

Posted Fri 21 Oct 16 @ 10:25 am
Yes i use a 2 deck skin, the default one. Are you saying that i can toggle which deck is currently active by using the keyboard tab key? I will have another play with this tonight. Thanks for your help guys. I am probably trying to run before i can walk, but i am having too much fun. Wish I had gotten into all this years ago.

Posted Fri 21 Oct 16 @ 10:44 am
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
If you are using a controller the PFL buttons are usually mapped as "deck select" too.

Posted Tue 25 Oct 16 @ 7:50 am
Yes, using the mixtrack 3 at the moment. It has a PFL button for each deck so I will give that a try. The keyboard tab button does toggle between the two decks, but would be easier to do on the controller. Thanks for that.

Posted Tue 25 Oct 16 @ 7:58 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)