Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Denon MCX 8000 Pros & Cons

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

It's been over a month since full support came to this controller. If you own this controller, I'd like to hear your thoughts on it's performance. I'm in the market for two controllers, and this is on the top of my list. I'm only interested in how it performs with Virtual DJ, since that is the software that I use. So let me know the good and the bad, thanks.

Posted Fri 21 Oct 16 @ 5:52 am
mp3jrickPRO InfinityHonorary MemberMember since 2003
A friend of mine who is very tight with Numark has one and absolutely loves it.
He has run many such as the NS 6 and DN 6000 and his comment the other night was how he never has issues with hangs and discovery.
Now he mixes without fear was his biggest point.
Its a winner

Posted Fri 21 Oct 16 @ 9:49 am
lincol2PRO InfinityMember since 2011
What is the second one on your list?

Posted Fri 21 Oct 16 @ 12:46 pm
It performs awesome with VDJ. Everything works just as it should and now with the screens working IMHO it is the best controller that I have ever used. With my job, I have tried almost every controller that has come out.

Posted Fri 21 Oct 16 @ 2:36 pm
My second choice is the NV2, simply because the 8000 is way too big for my club. I will need both. However, I'd like this thread to be just about the 8000 because others may also benefit from the responses. I had a chance to get both in AC with a discount, but will not buy any controller that does not support my software of choice. So only Denon MCX8000 comments here, please.

Posted Fri 21 Oct 16 @ 4:15 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
I would dare to say that the MCX8000 is my favorite controller at this moment and the only disadvantage is that the Pads are too hard compared to the pioneer ones
Other than that it does pretty much everything you need and works perfectly with VDJ including a smooth transition between software, engine and ext sources

Posted Sat 22 Oct 16 @ 9:56 am
It works perfect when it works but still crashes with vdj 8.2 but thats untill vdj8 becomes more stable because it also crashes with the numark controller
I like it better than the pioneer and the looks is awesome is like having cdjs the only issue I have found is that when you change effects the play button freezes in the controller and on the software but the rest of the buttons have no issue

Posted Sat 22 Oct 16 @ 1:21 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
picudodj wrote :
It works perfect when it works but still crashes with vdj 8.2 but thats untill vdj8 becomes more stable because it also crashes with the numark controller

This is fixed in the EarlyAccess Build 3456
Enable EarlyAccessUpdates setting from VitualDJ Settings->OPTIONS and re-open to get the Early Access Build.

picudodj wrote :
have found is that when you change effects the play button freezes in the controller and on the software but the rest of the buttons have no issue

Can you reproduce with 3456 ?
and just to understand, does the freeze occur when you press the PLAY button after you have changed effect or while changing effects ?

Posted Sun 23 Oct 16 @ 6:10 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)