Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: need help with Denon x-600

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

BillHPRO InfinityMember since 2006
need help mapping my macbook pro 17 to my mixer denon-x600 can anyone help me it was woking no last week now its not

Posted Wed 19 Oct 16 @ 10:20 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Why would you want to map this mixer ? Mixing is done from the Hardware, so even if you map the unit, all it will offer is to see the faders moving on the screen.
If you refer to an issue where the sound is not properly mixed, then probably its related to an incorrect Audio setup.
As per the manual (Page 4), the unit is capable of 2 kind of Inputs Routing.
When in "CH INPUT MODE" :
You need to create an External Mixer audio setup i VirtualDJ, something like..
Deck 1 .... Denon X600 sound card -- Chans 1,2
Deck 2 ... Denon X600 sound card ... Chans 3,4

When in "MASTER INPUT MODE" :
You need to create a Master & Headphones audio setup i VirtualDJ, something like..
Master.... Denon X600 sound card -- Chans 1,2
Headphones ... Denon X600 sound card ... Chans 3,4

Read the manual of the unit ( http://denondj.com/products/view/dn-x600 - >Donwload tab - Page 14) on how to select one or the other mode.

Posted Wed 19 Oct 16 @ 11:04 pm
I'm trying to get my behringer CMD studio 4a to connect to virtual dj so that i can use it for a show friday and its not connecting what do i need to do? I have a license now and was told that it should work but i'm having problems is there anyone that can help me with this problem.

Started his own thread, thank you AMAHM

Posted Thu 20 Oct 16 @ 12:11 am
Please do not hijack this guys thread, your issue has nothing to do with this thread. Please start your own thread.

Posted Thu 20 Oct 16 @ 12:14 am
Djdad, Thank you fro trying to help Bill. He works in my club, and has reached out to me. I told him to come here, because that would be his best chance of getting help, thank you.

Posted Thu 20 Oct 16 @ 12:15 am
djdad that what i am looking for to do is move the crossfader on the computer i do video music with this mixer it work before now it does not

Posted Thu 20 Oct 16 @ 12:23 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
So you had created a mapping file and maybe a definition ? Can you post here the content of those files ?

If it was mapped as "Simple Midi" (see in the/Mappers folder) , i could probably help you creating a definition and a proper mapping file with the basic functions. I will need some detection data.
How to:
Open VirtualDJ, goto Settings->OPTIONS tab and set CreateMidiLog setting to Yes
Close VirtualDJ and re-open having the X600 connected.
Close VirtualDJ again
Post here the content of the Log Report.txt file you will see in /Documents/VirtualDJ folder.

Posted Thu 20 Oct 16 @ 7:49 am
djdad that didn't work can you connect to my computer help out with this can you using teamview or call 9732966291asap

Posted Thu 20 Oct 16 @ 5:12 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)