Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: VDJ8 Remote question

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Just wondering. I do not DJ with my WIFI on so I know the remote will use it. Does this draw much CPU power to run the remote? I want to use it for Sampler access to video visuals

Posted Tue 18 Oct 16 @ 9:55 pm
If your laptop is of a decent spec you shouldn't worry about running programs or WiFi. Keeping things deliberately off is so 1999.

I throw literally everything at my gig machine and have no problems whatsoever.

VDJ remote makes no difference whatsoever to my setup and apart from randomly disconnecting it works well, however I prefer a 3rd party RDP solution as you can then access a full skin and all features.

Posted Tue 18 Oct 16 @ 10:04 pm
I agree on the 1999 comment lol the ONLY thing Im looking to do it access multiple Sampler pads at ease I have pads on my controller but I like to have those to use the Default pads while having many more at my finger tips and I feel the remote will work well for that

Posted Tue 18 Oct 16 @ 10:36 pm
Andrew, If that's all you want it for then I would consider the Akai APC Mini. I have recently added one just for firing off samples and its brilliant considering how cheap it is. The default mapping file works a treat and you can then control the volume of each bank independently also. Don't have to worry about having wifi on either, or it randomly disconnecting. The only negative i would say about it is that you have to press the pads a bit harder than what I am used to. the ones on my controller you only have to breathe on. But other than that its great. There are 4 spare buttons too which you can custom map to do what you want. Just a thought.

Posted Wed 19 Oct 16 @ 7:44 am

Posted Wed 19 Oct 16 @ 7:58 am
Andy7689 wrote :
Andrew, If that's all you want it for then I would consider the Akai APC Mini. I have recently added one just for firing off samples and its brilliant considering how cheap it is. The default mapping file works a treat and you can then control the volume of each bank independently also. Don't have to worry about having wifi on either, or it randomly disconnecting. The only negative i would say about it is that you have to press the pads a bit harder than what I am used to. the ones on my controller you only have to breathe on. But other than that its great. There are 4 spare buttons too which you can custom map to do what you want. Just a thought.

THAT IS EXACTLY WHAT I WAS JUST LOOKING AT! hahah Sorry, the same idea got me excited.

Posted Wed 19 Oct 16 @ 5:40 pm
Yeah, i would definitely recommend it, you won't regret it.

Posted Wed 19 Oct 16 @ 6:58 pm
Ordered. So I just plug this up to my other USB and go from there? i have a Pioneer DDJ SX2 and I don't want it to interfere with this

Posted Thu 20 Oct 16 @ 5:40 am
Yes mate, just plug it in, VDJ will automatically recognise it and assign the correct mapping. Default mapping works well. The manual on here tell you what each button does. Link below. I use a Mixtrack 3 controller at the minute as well as the APC mini and they work fine together, no conflicts. Have fun :)

http://virtualdj.com/manuals/hardware/akai/apcmini.html

Posted Thu 20 Oct 16 @ 7:43 am
So I have the APC mini and it has all my clips to where I have to keep the button held down to keep the clip playing, it even changed them on my Controller to operate that how but the pads themselves still blink like the clip is playing but they are not UNLESS i hold the button down. They are set to loop. idk how to fix this

Posted Sat 22 Oct 16 @ 1:01 am
in the sample editor, u can set them individually to loop or drop

Posted Sat 22 Oct 16 @ 1:04 am
wickedmix wrote :
in the sample editor, u can set them individually to loop or drop

Thats how they are set however I did find the fix. The APC MINI is changing the sample setting in VDJ8 Options it Unmute and not leaving it as On/Off Need to iron that issue out.

Posted Sat 22 Oct 16 @ 2:07 am
One of the arrow keys on the Mini changes this, not sure which one it is as its 4:30 am and I'm lying here in bed reading this on my phone, lmao!!

I believe its called "Trigger mode", if you click the cog in the VDJ sampler you can also change it from there as well.

Posted Sat 22 Oct 16 @ 9:36 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)