Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: How to turn off Auto-Pitch?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi,
VDJ is the best music app but I have 2 questions please:
1) How to change the location of the folder "VirtualDJ" which contains the "database" file? coz its really in an inappropriate location :/
2) Sometimes, when I drag a song on the deck, it automatically change the PITCH or the GAIN or HIGH or whatever... which make the song slower or faster or higher... How to turn off that please?
Thanks!

Posted Tue 18 Oct 16 @ 1:40 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
1) Why is the current location inappropriate ?

2) From VirtualDJ Settings->OPTIONS tab..
setting resetEqOnLoad to No
setting resetPitchOnLoad to No
autoBPMMatch to No

For gain, i would recommend to use the default value for the AutoGain setting, which is to "Auto". This way, tracks will be "normalized" to 0db.

Posted Tue 18 Oct 16 @ 2:11 pm
Ok, Thanks for your reply and thanks for answering the second question.
1)The current database location is inappropriate because I have a Drive C and a Drive D,
-C contains files and apps folders and staff like that
-D contains summer memories, family... you know..
Vdj databade is in D, it must be in C.. if you understand me.
(By the way I replied late because I thought when you gonna reply me Vdj will notify me on email.. idk why it doesn't.)
Anyways, how to change database folder location?
Thanks!

Posted Fri 21 Oct 16 @ 12:17 am
Hey! if I reinstall Vdj in a differant location...
will the database location change too?

Posted Fri 21 Oct 16 @ 12:33 am
NuzzletPRO InfinityMember since 2015
The VDJ database is nativly stored with default settings under "User/Documents/VirtualDJ" in Windows. You may have moved the location of your documents folder. Chaning the install directory does not change database, just the program files. What OS are you using?

Posted Fri 21 Oct 16 @ 2:20 am
VirtualDj uses multiple databases for portability reasons.
"Master" database is kept on C: drive, and it's located inside VirtualDj's "Home" directory: Documents\VirtualDj

For ANY other drive VirtualDj detects that it has media (audio & video files), it creates a new database on that drive that stores information only about the media of that drive alone.

So, in your case, if you ever browsed by using VirtualDj your D: drive, and that drive contains audio and / or video files, VirtualDj created a new folder on the root of the drive and a new database regarding the files on your D drive ONLY.
So, it created D:\VirtualDj\database.xml
If you open this file with a text editor you will see it contains info only for the media files that are located on D: drive.

If your D: drive does not contain ANY media you wish to play with VirtualDj then it's safe to delete the D:\VirtualDj directory.
Also if you don't browse to any media files on your D: drive from within VirtualDj, it won't recreate that folder

Posted Fri 21 Oct 16 @ 9:36 am
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
You can set the option "ignoreDrive" to "8" if you do not want VDJ to use the D drive.

You can use this tool to calculate the number you have to enter for the setting:

http://virtualdj.com/plugins/index.html?addonid=80285

@Staff: Will a database be created and filled even if I set ignoreDrive? Will it only exclude the drive from search or not create a db at all?

Posted Fri 21 Oct 16 @ 9:56 am
Am using Windows 8.1 Laptop.
Can this ss help you? http://imgur.com/eAORCsQ (look Vdj have two folders database in D and other folder in Documents, I want to keep only the one in documents):

Posted Fri 21 Oct 16 @ 12:34 pm
Okay, changing the "ignoredrive" value to ''8'' in Options (as PatchN said) was the solution..
Thank you all so much! <3

Posted Sat 22 Oct 16 @ 11:53 am
Am sorry I mean "PachN"
Again, Thank you all so much for the help! <3

Posted Sat 22 Oct 16 @ 10:45 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)