Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: batch file for services

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

hh73PRO InfinityMember since 2006
a while ago i saw for dl for a batch for to run b4 using vdj. it basically shutdown uneeded services. can anyone point me to it. im on 8.1 now and have 71 services. which isnt bad

Posted Sun 16 Oct 16 @ 10:03 am

Posted Sun 16 Oct 16 @ 11:32 am
I have my own batch file that shuts down no needed services, no need to download software, but you need to know wich (only those that use to much memory) can be closed.

ill write an exemple here if you want and how to do it.

Posted Mon 17 Oct 16 @ 1:11 pm
What os and yes please show us an example.

Thanks

Posted Mon 17 Oct 16 @ 3:23 pm
hh73PRO InfinityMember since 2006
im using windows 10. the new builds have many more services. i have been using a program for years called "cacheman" its a tweak program. and you can pick a template ie gamer, power use, low battery. the new version has one for daw/musicians. which is supposedly to help latency and shut down services you dont need . i dont have a printer. so why have that service running. i went from 111 services to 70. and its a fully operational pc. blackviper.com has info too. now a while back someone clowned my about worrying about services. well, use ccleaner and remove crap and uninstall windows things you dont want. like sports, netflix, crap like that. and you will see a difference.

Posted Thu 27 Oct 16 @ 6:19 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)