Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: launchpad 2 and it's badly designed usb port

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Every now and again I knock my lauchpad and it partly disconnects from vdj [all down to the poor positioning of the usb port],
it then becomes useless until I unplug it and reconnect it.
Is there anything I can do [other than stop being clumsy]

Posted Fri 14 Oct 16 @ 7:32 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Did you try a different USB cable and/or USB port ?
If the USB socket has issues, i dont think you can do much. BTW when it becomes unresponsive, does it help if you goto COntrollers, select the unit (if its there) and right-click->reconnect device ?

Posted Fri 14 Oct 16 @ 8:35 pm
Vdj becomes unresponsive so, I suppose there's nothing that can be done at this end,
[but vdj becoming unresponsive... Is this something to be looked at]
It's not the port on the machine either, it's the fact they chose a big numb usb type b and then them deciding that it sticking out 30mm was a good idea, [why not a recessed anchored port]
I'll see if I can find a low profile right angle wire and tape [glue, weld, nail gun] the thing tight to the body

Posted Fri 14 Oct 16 @ 8:53 pm
What other gear do you have connected on USB when this occurs ? No issue ever occurred without this unit ? Can you reproduce the VDJ freeze if you quickly disconnect-connect the unit to USB , or even another unit ?

It had happened to me a couple of times. Usually i have a USB hub with a bunch of things connected (not my main unit) and when a customer comes and asks me to plug his USB stick, i remove my Reloop Neon and once its back to its position, it doesnt work.. but i never got any VDJ freeze during this procedure.

Posted Fri 14 Oct 16 @ 9:16 pm
other gear can be none or a S4 mk1
It's all down to this gear [LP2] alone.

I've just made vdj hang and instead of reconnecting the HW I told windows to stop vdj so you should have a crash report

about 22:15 gmt today

Posted Fri 14 Oct 16 @ 9:16 pm
Windows crashes dont get uploaded

Posted Fri 14 Oct 16 @ 9:19 pm
Can I send the jit data? Is that useful?

Posted Fri 14 Oct 16 @ 10:09 pm

Posted Sat 15 Oct 16 @ 1:20 pm
Aye a right angled plug is on the cards, not that particular type though as the cable points down.

Posted Sat 15 Oct 16 @ 1:25 pm

Posted Sat 15 Oct 16 @ 2:03 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)