Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: play ? nothing : cue, not working as I'd expect

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Being eternally clumsy, I wanted to avoid accidentally pressing 'cue' on a live deck.

I tried
play ? nothing : cue,

but that just sets the track playing , I can probably work round it but shouldn't this work?

Posted Sun 09 Oct 16 @ 12:22 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
kind of a weird script not wanting your CUE button working while deck is playing :)
try
play ? nothing : cue_stop

Posted Sun 09 Oct 16 @ 2:14 pm
No dice, still continues playing.

As I said, eternally clumsy [read messy] My shift is HW based [damn HW made for inferior SW] so I use my HW sync button as a software shift and it's right next to the cue button,

If this is expected behaviour fair enough I'll find another route, [I figure that once the track is playing with the cue press, then play is true so vdj forgets that cue was pressed]
might seem odd to everyone but me but I like a bit of madness to the method ;-p

Posted Sun 09 Oct 16 @ 3:05 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
As soon as you release the button, the song would be playing, so cue doesn't stop the track.

Posted Sun 09 Oct 16 @ 5:08 pm
Guessed as much, I'll figure something out, maybe a repeat start checking play, knocking a variable up, if variable <x ? cue : nothing

Posted Sun 09 Oct 16 @ 5:47 pm
I have everything hooked up laptop powered speakers and my mic deck express everything work except I can't use the cue and play buttons on mixer help only can use my mouse to play music

Posted Mon 22 May 17 @ 7:39 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)