Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Mixtrack Pro 2 Crashes VDJ

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi,

I've used a mixtrack pro 2 with VDJ 8 for ages and had no problems. recently, it has caused it to crash on two occasions.

both times, no matter how many times I've rebooted my laptop, everything runs fine until I press the play button (on either deck) and vdj freezes and never recovers. The first time I left it a few days before trying again and then it worked fine for a good few weeks. This last time I spent an hour trying to get it to work, rebooting the laptop over and over. Until eventually I just closed vdj with task manager, unplugged the controller, reopened vdj and then dj'd a full night without using the controller.

the laptop is in good condition. Plenty fast enough and no issues normally, and once I closed the program and reopened, it ran it all night with no issues so I'm fairly certain its not the laptop.

I'm wondering if my controller (which to be fair has seen a few years use, for a fairly cheap controller) has finally started having problems, or if it is something to do with the latest vdj update and is a common problem?

any ideas please guys??

Posted Mon 03 Oct 16 @ 11:02 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005

Posted Mon 03 Oct 16 @ 11:39 am
Thanks for the advice!

Posted Mon 03 Oct 16 @ 12:12 pm
krn3kiPRO InfinityMember since 2014

Posted Mon 10 Oct 16 @ 10:27 pm
I had some other issues over the next couple of weeks. One channels VU meter (on the vdj screen) was constantly full and the volume of the tracks were jumping up and down on that channel only - that happened on two consecutive gigs

had to do a reboot to fix

decided that my mixtrack pro 2 had done enough over the last 3 years ish to be retired so I bought a mixtrack platinum and that's been fab!!

Posted Fri 04 Nov 16 @ 2:29 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)