Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: LE restrictions?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

eddpotHome userMember since 2016
Got a numark 3 so I could have a bit more fun with the software, but as a result I seem to have lost the ability to see BPM or track length in the file browser, and I can't even drag tracks in from windows any more.

Are these intentional LE restrictions or has something gone wrong? im using 8.2.b3420 on windows.

Posted Mon 03 Oct 16 @ 9:56 am
Yes, same thing happened to me once the trial ran out, lost a load of functionality. So I just took the plunge and got a pro license and it immediately all came back.

Posted Mon 03 Oct 16 @ 10:36 am
I'm so angry at this. I've basically wasted money on a useless controller. I don't want a pro license! I just want to play some tunes in my bedroom with a cheapy controller.

Posted Mon 03 Oct 16 @ 10:55 am
Yeah I can see your point. The way I looked at it though was, well for £16 a month, what else could I do? I could go to the cinema and get 2 hours enjoyment for the same money, or get hours more fun with my controller and VDJ. It is well developed software though, and very well supported through this forum, and that costs money.

Posted Mon 03 Oct 16 @ 11:02 am
I understand that. I think I'm finding it particularly frustrating becuase the controller is sold 'with a LE license' so I see that when purchasing and think, oh that's great I'll have a license so I won't have to worry about all that when I buy this item. However, they are not explaining clearly enough the restrictions I am about to walk in to when buying it. Of course I'd expect it to work exactly as it has before I plugged in a controller. I really feel I have been duped. Is the license $99 or $99pa?

Posted Mon 03 Oct 16 @ 11:25 am
Yeah you are right, I thought the same. Though i guess i should have researched what an LE licence was before i purchased it. Though in hindsight I would still have done it. I assumed that LE stood for Limited Edition, which in most instances means something better than the original. So yeah, their is definitely some misleading marketing going on from Numark. You can get a licence which is specific for the controller for around £89 i think from recollection, or you can get a full licence for around £16 per month. I chose the latter, purely because i didn't want to outlay £89 in one go if i didn't get on with it, and it doesn't limit me to that controller in the future.

Posted Mon 03 Oct 16 @ 11:29 am
Oh, just read your message again, the controller licence is a one off payment

Posted Mon 03 Oct 16 @ 11:30 am
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
$99 as a one off. And you should get a small discount on that if you tap in your LE serial

Unfortunately LE with the full browsing experience would be abused by dj's who should be using a pro licence.

Posted Mon 03 Oct 16 @ 11:49 am
@user13705983
If I were you, register your serial and get the latest/last LE version for your controller. When i had an LE version, that version was an old version that came with my controller. I registered my serial and there was a newer LE version waiting for me to download.

The best move I ever made was when I got the full non restricted version.

Posted Mon 03 Oct 16 @ 4:24 pm

Posted Mon 03 Oct 16 @ 8:09 pm
What to do if you're returning your dj controller with registered virtual dj LE license? Is there any way to have it deregistered?and if you can't deregister a license what other option for you to do, to have a refund or even an exchange? Thanks in advance

Posted Mon 14 Nov 16 @ 1:11 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
If a VirtualDJ LE serial is registered in our website, the shop you returned the unit to, should contact us and ask to unregister the serial..
If you have registered your LE serial to Numark website, i suppose you have to contact them to find out what you should do.

Posted Mon 14 Nov 16 @ 5:14 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)