Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: No Search or Sort.

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I'm sure this was a bug from years ago. (that was also fixed) But we have one machine that is doing it now with 7.4.7.

After a few hours playing the cursor still appears in the search box but typing brings up no text. Also at the same time clicking on the headers like artist and bpm only changes the top two tracks. This is frustrating because when you can't type to search for songs the next best thing is to sort by artist or title for your desired track. Of course without either of these features working you have no way of choosing your music and just have to play the songs as vdj shows them.

Last night however I did find a clue. Turning automix on seems to correct the bug.

System is on Windows 10 x64 (I suspect)

Any ideas please?

Posted Sun 02 Oct 16 @ 11:08 am
Update, Cause found.

Smaller skins that need to be maximized with Virtual DJ seems to be causing this problem. the moment I changed the skin (After search and sort features stopped working) to a factory skin that does not need to be maximized, the search and sort functions immediately started working again. I'm not sure if Windows 10 x64 had anything to do with it also.

My Windows 7 system has never had this failure (since this bug was fixed 3 or 4 years ago) However my skin on that system is full screen without needing to be maximized.

Posted Mon 02 Jan 17 @ 11:47 am
See my reply to your duplicate post here

Posted Mon 02 Jan 17 @ 4:28 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)