Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: new big with mcx8000. effects wont turn off after using them.

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

hh73PRO InfinityMember since 2006
and will remain garbling all other songs played? this was just with the flanger effects. i can turn them off on same build with mc6000mk2

Posted Sat 01 Oct 16 @ 1:37 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
what build?

Posted Sat 01 Oct 16 @ 1:56 pm
b3420

Posted Sat 01 Oct 16 @ 3:42 pm
maybe a re install is the answer. its not too difficult.

Posted Sat 01 Oct 16 @ 3:47 pm
It's just odd, only the flanger....,
I looked at the default mapping and it uses a slightly different script to what I'm used to but I tested and it turns fx on and off
It's not unusual for there to be ghosts in the machine when a new product is supported,

are you on 3 fx mode or single? and have you tried both of these modes?
I can't think what a reinstall would help, but as you say it's an easy enough.

Posted Sat 01 Oct 16 @ 5:04 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
If it's only with the flanger effect, perhaps one of the settings for the flanger is not right?

To reset effect settings, delete Documents\VirtualDJ\Plugins\native_flanger.ini

Posted Sat 01 Oct 16 @ 5:28 pm
no flanger is the only effect that i tried. problem is the skins. i dont know how i did it. but i was able to run the default vdj skin, but with 4 decks. now im running silverstreek 3, which as again. on the mcx8000 has some little issues. but not with the mc6000nk2. besides using the mouse, how ca i pick another effect. funny you were talking about "ghosts in the machine" i was listening to the police yesterday. anyway ill checl for a mxc8000 update. its mostly fine.

Posted Sun 02 Oct 16 @ 6:26 am
both 3 effects and 1.. i guess a better way of putting it. after i pressed the orange glowing effects button off. the flanger noise got louder, and was bleeding into new tracks when i pressed the glowing button which i assume means turn off. its that was with every other device. another big issue is this laptop is 4k. and if i use just the screen on the laptop. the text is tiny. unless i go to some some really low resolution. but then the output on the 30 inch monitor connected is weird. i am nearsighted and headphones and glasses arent fun. lol. this is a cool forum. you get replies!

Posted Sun 02 Oct 16 @ 6:32 am
there seems to be a new firmware for the mcx8000. will try now and see it it fixes some issues

Posted Sun 02 Oct 16 @ 7:42 am
please listen to my broadcast :]

Posted Sun 02 Oct 16 @ 12:57 pm
Rude.

Posted Sun 02 Oct 16 @ 1:20 pm
rude? how so?

Posted Sun 02 Oct 16 @ 4:13 pm
not anything you've done, djsantyin just barging in there.

Any way are you sure you're using the default mapping, could you show me what scripts are connected to the buttons,

Posted Sun 02 Oct 16 @ 8:46 pm
well yeah. it see my mcx, and i just clicked yes when installing. djdad even told me the "secret" lol way of getting needle drop to work shift+needledrop. im not a bif effects person. thats more for traktor. but its not a huge deal. i need to test what the new firmware did. i will look at the mapping though,

Posted Mon 03 Oct 16 @ 5:08 am
problem fixed with latest build.

Posted Fri 07 Oct 16 @ 12:50 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)