Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: How to make script that beatmatches but hallves the beat?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

jaakkoPRO InfinityMember since 2006
My problem is that I want to for example beatmatch song that has 94 bpm to 145 bpm song. If I click the beatmatch button, the bpm matches to 94 ->145, which makes 94 bpm song just sound too fast and the mix terrible. What I want is to match 94 -> 72.5bpm, Is it possible to do with a script? One option is to use beatmatch button that puts it to 145 but then I have another button that halves the beat to 72.5 bpm. I tried to use set_bpm 50% but this changes the bpm of the song, not the pitch.

Any help?

Posted Sat 01 Oct 16 @ 12:32 pm
you do realize beat mach implies that both track are at the same BPM or Tempo?

maybe turn on master tempo, it will keep the Key of the track and just change the BPM. Works OK if the tempo changes are not large.

also keep in mind no matter what you do some tracks will sound weird beat matched and a cut or fade will work much better.

Posted Sat 01 Oct 16 @ 12:49 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
94 syncs to 1/2 145

94 to 140 however syncs to 140

sync always goes to the closest following this equation
+ difference : 2* - difference

let's say our playing deck is 150 bpm and our next track is 101bpm
So it's 49 bpm positive, versus 2* 26 bpm negative
in this close case it will sync 1:1 [to 150]

[Can't think of the right words to explain this] [inversely proportional ???]

so what you need to do is change the pitch for the playing deck enough so sync favours 1/2 speed sync, sync, lock the pitch dials, and return the pitch of the playing deck , and unlock the pitch sliders,

it all happens at the speed of script so [pretty instantly] I don't think you hear anything, and the the script is something like this

device_side 'left' ? deck right pitch +5.0 bpm & deck left sync & deck left pitch_lock & deck right pitch -5.0 bpm & deck left pitch_lock : deck left pitch +5.0 bpm & deck right sync & deck right pitch_lock & deck left pitch -5.0 bpm & deck right pitch_lock

Posted Sat 01 Oct 16 @ 1:24 pm
sorry i didn't realize there were issues getting that to work correctly .. i assume this is when using the sync button?

Posted Sat 01 Oct 16 @ 2:19 pm
Yup this is sync, jakko said beatmatch button when he actually meant sync

Posted Sat 01 Oct 16 @ 2:56 pm
Thanks for the answers! Yes I meant to say sync. Unfortunately this script does not seems to work... I am trying now to mix 100 bpm song to 142 bpm song, And I would like it to go down to 71 instead of 142. I wish that there is a script that works like sync but always lowers the bpm to match it.

Posted Sat 01 Oct 16 @ 8:45 pm
It seems to work now! I changed +5% and -5% to +20% and -20%. Also put it only when pushing shift + sync, so if sync is too fast, shift + sync give this alternative. Great! Thanks !

Posted Sat 01 Oct 16 @ 9:12 pm
hh73PRO InfinityMember since 2006
just make sure master tempo is on. i pitch down a lot of music. i usually hover around 125bmp. you take take a drum and bass track. slow it down, and now its a breakbeat track. my decks do it too (numark ttxsub) but after 4% change you get the digital noise. software not

Posted Mon 03 Oct 16 @ 8:27 am
jaakko wrote :
It seems to work now! I changed +5% and -5% to +20% and -20%. Also put it only when pushing shift + sync, so if sync is too fast, shift + sync give this alternative. Great! Thanks !

No worries at all, I thought it would be a real headache but it was pretty simple.

Posted Mon 03 Oct 16 @ 8:44 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)