Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: VDJ 8.2 crashing with directx error during RDP session

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

This has been happening for a while now.

Running VDJ8.2 on a Windows 8.1 machine accessed by RD from a Windows 7 Pro machine.

VDJ runs for 30 to 60 minutes (automix) and either freezes completely or crashes out with the message below. Doesn't happen when not in a RDP session or using Teamviewer

Any Windows experts out there?

Posted Wed 28 Sep 16 @ 2:50 pm
hh73PRO InfinityMember since 2006
re install directx. its easy from microsoft. the get "driver booster" its a free app that updates ALL your drivers. just dont install the ads. this will sort you out. and vdj runs better in 8.1 alone. rd is iffy

Posted Wed 28 Sep 16 @ 2:53 pm
also install ccleaner. clean your registry. uninstall any apps you dont need. and install malwarebytes temp to see if you have and malware.

Posted Wed 28 Sep 16 @ 2:56 pm
The machine is clean.

You can't reinstall directx in Windows 8.1

Crashed out again with a different message this time.

Posted Wed 28 Sep 16 @ 3:04 pm
Are the other programs using hardware full screen? If so, Direct3D9 cannot initialize for VDJ. Maybe you can turn that mode off if so in the other programs.

Posted Wed 28 Sep 16 @ 5:07 pm
Not sure I understand that Don. All I have running in the RDP session is VDJ.

It seems to work for a while then crash out.

Posted Wed 28 Sep 16 @ 5:10 pm
I suspect when you do that, VDJ is not able to create a Direct3D9 device. I can't tell you why an RDP session or TeamViewer might be causing that. I have used TeamViewer before with VDJ8 some time back and it was ok. They are somehow interfering with VDJ's ability to create it's GPU device. Best initial guess is they may be in hardware full screen mode which means everything is locked out. Could be something else too. Maybe some others can run some test with that.

WAIT haha... I missed the part that it runs for awhile and then dies. Maybe some display mode switch (device lost) not recovering. But it could be a number of things. Best to check it you can do it consistently and others should try as well.

Posted Wed 28 Sep 16 @ 5:20 pm
use vmware

Posted Thu 29 Sep 16 @ 7:06 am
Way above my level dude!

Posted Thu 29 Sep 16 @ 8:40 am
wmare is free. and so easy. im serious. anyone can make a virtual machine if you have a cd or iso of windows. and works a charm, considering you have at least a decent processor that can do virtual. any recent intel or amd should. you can get a demo copy for 30 days. or use "other methods" its not so stable with windows 10. it was. but with every new build its a gamble.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJ7pjCYxCk8

Posted Fri 30 Sep 16 @ 9:40 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)