Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: cannot open file to record?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

hh73PRO InfinityMember since 2006
i was about to do a mix. i went to record, after tying the name of the mix in mp3 format. it says exactly "cannot open file to record"?

this sucks

Posted Wed 28 Sep 16 @ 10:55 am
i should add im using a denon mcx 8000

Posted Wed 28 Sep 16 @ 10:56 am
Need to tell it where as well as a file name

Eg c:/temp/mymix.mp3

Posted Wed 28 Sep 16 @ 4:39 pm
i usually just put it in the "temp" dir. but this time it being stubborn. will try again. ive made dozens of mixes. then this just popped up

Posted Wed 28 Sep 16 @ 4:55 pm
still not working. my denon mc6000mk2 works fine. so i know how to use vdg. did a 3 hour mix last night. its something mcx8000 oriented. i installed serato and works fine. just so ugly.

Posted Thu 29 Sep 16 @ 7:08 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Try a different location e.g. Desktop.
Probably some permissions issue or folder doesnt exist, or even you try to record to an mp3 file using a different filetype ?

Posted Thu 29 Sep 16 @ 8:52 pm
meaning like flac? will give it another go. im moving in a month and need to mp3 a lot of records. and go through the stuff i dont want. will the needle search work soon. i know theres a new build daily. so thats great. i still need to get the feel for the mpx8000. works great with dvs and vdj. i dont want to pay another 100 bucks to serato for that priviledge. serato took 23 hours to analyze 26k files. vjd takes 3. haha

Posted Fri 30 Sep 16 @ 9:36 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
hh73 wrote :
.. will the needle search work soon. ...

Needle search already works. For "security" reasons, since the Needle drop is very close to the Effect buttons, it wont work if the track is playing out in the audience, but you can use SHIFT+Needle drop if you still want to search through the track while track is playing..
http://www.virtualdj.com/manuals/hardware/denon/mcx8000/layout/decks.html (read Nr.31)

Posted Fri 30 Sep 16 @ 10:04 am
thats great about the needle drop. thanks. i fixed the recording problem. i made a dir called "recordings" on the spinner drive. told vdj to go there, and now it works. think it has something to do with my c: drive. because im running cacheman (great utiltility) i recommend.

Posted Fri 30 Sep 16 @ 10:54 am
wickedmix wrote :
Need to tell it where as well as a file name

Eg c:/temp/mymix.mp3

thanks. that worked. but had to use my d: drive. who knows why.. but its all good now

Posted Fri 30 Sep 16 @ 10:55 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)