Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Controller mapping loop_length

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

zehkahControlleristMember since 2016
I want 5 led on a controller to blink according to the looplength of active deck.
How can a query of bigger/equal or smaller/equal be done.?

e.g.
a: looplength >0 &< 1 (bigger 0 and smaller1)
b: looplength >= 1 (bigger/equal 1)
c: looplength <= 16 (bigger/equal 16)

Details:
4 led-buttons for switching looplength of A:1 beat, B:4 beats, C:8 beats, D:16 beats
1 led-button for loop start/stop

Posted Thu 22 Sep 16 @ 1:27 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
which controller is that ?

Posted Thu 22 Sep 16 @ 3:50 pm
a: param_smaller 1 get_loop ? on : off
b: param_equal 1 get_loop ? on : param_bigger 1 get_loop ? on : off
c: param_equal 16 get_loop ? on : param_smaller 16 get_loop ? on : off

Keep in mind that "get_loop" action returns the size of a loop as float. This means that a loop of 1/4 beats is "0.25"

An action you may need is d: looplength >=2 and <=8 (as an example)

d: param_equal 2 get_loop ? on : param_equal 8 get_loop ? on : param_bigger 2 get_loop ? param_smaller 8 get_loop ? on : off : off

Posted Thu 22 Sep 16 @ 4:26 pm
can be done with querying loop_select as well , but anyways, reason asking for the controller, is to see if those LEDs are individual or a sequence of LEDs, so if the above dont work for you, please provide the controller name and the specific LEDs that you are trying to map

If its the Behringer MM1 unit i see in your profile, then probably the above wont work

Posted Thu 22 Sep 16 @ 4:44 pm
zehkahControlleristMember since 2016
djdad wrote :
...controller name and the specific LEDs that you are trying to map.
Yes, it's a Behringer MM-1 and as djdad guessed, I now understand that it might be a 'sequence of LEDs'.
Meaning, there is no way to 'talk' to a single LED because it's automatically assigned by the active deck?

The 4 LEDs as default toggling the PFL for 4 decks. In standard mapping with two keys for the 4 LEDs
(and I don't understand how/why it needs two keys)
Standard:
LED_PFL // mixer_order 3124 pfl? nothing : pfl
LED_PFL_3124 // mixer_order 3124 pfl ? pfl : nothing

In a shifted mode they are now supposed to show the looplength
As a first test this one works:
mixer_order 3124 pfl ? loop ? loop 1 ? get_beat_bar 1 : param_smaller 1 get_loop ? blink 250ms : get_beat_bar 2 : off : nothing

result: loop off -> off, loop < 1 -> blink, loop = 1 -> beat_bar 1, loop > 1 -> beat_bar 2

Thanks to Phantom for the perfect answer to my question and given examples. Also your note that loopsize returns as float was sth. I needed to ask. All the action param_bigger/equal/smaller I hope now is finally understood.

Posted Fri 23 Sep 16 @ 9:25 pm
zehkah wrote :

(and I don't understand how/why it needs two keys)

Its made that way to make mapping easier. If there were 4 keys, you would need to map each one individually as deck x pfl, now all you have to do is to just type the action once, without the deck x part.
We do this when the same Key is present in all "decks"/sides.
But in your case, you will have to query from which deck the key comes.
So something like..
LED_PFL_3124 : mixer_order 3124 ? action_deck 1 ? [action for the LED of PFL on deck 1] : action_deck 2 ? [action for the LED of PFL on deck 2] : action_deck 3 ? [action for the LED of PFL on deck 3] : [action for the LED of PFL on deck 4] : nothing

Posted Fri 23 Sep 16 @ 9:35 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)