Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: denon dj mcx 8000 and dvs with vdj 8

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

hh73PRO InfinityMember since 2006
i have a denon mc6000mk2. and even thought is so small. it seems to be the bomb when setting up with any software. and i had a nice dvs going on with 2 numark ttx usb decks. NOW i got a denon mcx8000. it seems serato wants you to pay 100 bucks extra for the vinyl dvs feature. I HATE serato. i got the mcx8000 working perfectly with vdj. no screnns, but it works and sounds massive. but will the dvs work? id much rather use the dvs in vdj than serato.

Posted Wed 14 Sep 16 @ 1:37 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Timecode works fine with MCX8000 and VirtualDJ. BTW, the MCX8000 is now natively supported in the latest Early Access build (you will have to enable the setting in case you have not done already)

You just connect your Timecode sources to Lines 3 and 4 at the rear panel of the unit, and click on the Timecode button in the Audio setup within VirtualDJ

Posted Wed 14 Sep 16 @ 3:13 pm
djdad wrote :
Timecode works fine with MCX8000 and VirtualDJ. BTW, the MCX8000 is now natively supported in the latest Early Access build (you will have to enable the setting in case you have not done already)

You just connect your Timecode sources to Lines 3 and 4 at the rear panel of the unit, and click on the Timecode button in the Audio setup within VirtualDJ

thanks a ton!

Posted Wed 14 Sep 16 @ 3:51 pm
djdad wrote :
BTW, the MCX8000 is now natively supported in the latest Early Access build (you will have to enable the setting in case you have not done already)

Does this mean the screens also?

Nevermind, I just saw another post where you confirmed that the screens are working. Great work guys

Posted Wed 14 Sep 16 @ 8:17 pm
yes was just coming to post my wonderful suprise. the screens works. BRUTAL!!!

Posted Thu 15 Sep 16 @ 6:03 am
Can you post some pics please?
Are videos on the screens possible?
Thanks ;o)

Posted Thu 15 Sep 16 @ 6:04 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
No video possible. [limitation of the data protocol.

Posted Thu 15 Sep 16 @ 9:13 am
question. am i supposed to use the pitch on the TT. or the pitch on the screen (with the mcx8000). when using dvs. because when i move the pitch on the TT. the sliders on the screen dont move?

Posted Fri 16 Sep 16 @ 1:17 pm
Does the sound change when you move the pitch faders on the tables??

Posted Fri 16 Sep 16 @ 2:06 pm
17.3 inch, 3840 x 2160 px resolution, matte, IPS, non-touch
Processor Intel Skylake Core i7-6700HQ CPU, quad-core 2.6 GHz (3.5 GHz TBoost)
Video Intel HD 530 + Nvidia GTX 960M 4GB
Memory 16 GB DDR4 2133Mhz (2xDIMMs)
Storage 256 GB SSD (M.2 SATA, NVMe supported) + 1 TB 2.5″ HDD
Connectivity Wireless AC Atheros QCA6174 , Gigabit LAN, Intel Bluetooth 4.0
Ports 2x USB 3.0, 1x USB 2.0, 1x USB 3.1(Thunderbolt 3), HDMI, mic, earphone, SD card reader, LAN
Baterry 52.5 Wh
Operating system Windows 10
Size 424 mm or 16.7” (w) x 297 mm or 11.7” (d) x 23mm or 0.98” (h)
Weight 3.06 kg or 6.75 lbs
Extras backlit keyboard, 4 speakers, Blu-ray Combo

i downgraded it to windows 8.1 and its running barebones. it should be well powerful for vdj8. but i just took a nap. and the mcx8000 was frozen. then only played the records backwards? yes the music changes when i move the pitch. but somethings flaky. i have my files stored on an samsung evo ssd with a usb connected tó a usb 3.0. even tho the spinner drive it came with is one 1tb and seemed fast enough. and i did the firmware update on the denon

Posted Fri 16 Sep 16 @ 5:25 pm
hh73 wrote :
when i move the pitch on the TT. the sliders on the screen dont move

Please bear in mind that your turntables are not MIDI controllers. They do not send MIDI data over USB for controlling VDJ.

It's the timecode that tells VDJ what speed to play the track. Timecode doesn't send MIDI.

Posted Fri 16 Sep 16 @ 5:51 pm
Also keep in mind that when changing pitch on the TT, depending on the applied amount the movement may not be visible, or may be delayed.
The reason is that the skin engine does not move the pitch slider if it thinks you're bending or scratching the deck.

Posted Fri 16 Sep 16 @ 6:28 pm
the numark ttx usb have a usb port in the back and its own sound card. you can either use it as phono or line. i have it sent to phono. but they probably could be used for midi. i dont want that. but i installed ccleaner and uninstalled avast. and a lot of crap. and i was running the intel 530 vga chip instead of the nvidia 960m. things seem ok now. i guess its just growing pains. and i have a weird monitor connected because 4k on a laptop is impossible to read. my other montior is as asus 2560-1080 or something like that. i have to set it to 1980-1080. or whatever for it to look ok. but now the skin is acting up. laptop is very cool temp wise. so. its growing pains i guess

Posted Fri 16 Sep 16 @ 6:49 pm
Q: Maybe a stupid question but do the USB-sticks works in The same way as it does with the Serato/ Engine setup? VDJ with Engine?

Posted Sun 18 Sep 16 @ 9:14 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)