Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Oh my.....Roland DJ-808! - Page: 2

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

papagpanos wrote :

Ableton Link is in Serato now

....and it's just been added to the latest version of Traktor, along with a sequencer for the Remix Decks.

I do hope Atomix are paying attention and considering these features.

Posted Sat 01 Oct 16 @ 11:16 am
Now in UK stock at djkit.com for £1239 if you're feeling brave .......

Posted Tue 01 Nov 16 @ 3:59 pm
938MyDJPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Got mine yesterday!
Our Canadian Dollar is very low too.
For the1500.00 US price I had to pay 2000.00 CDN + 100.00 tax.

It's totally worth it though.

I have to do a side by side comparison tonight because it felt like it sounded better than my S9. (Took the Master Out RCA from S9 and used them with the 808.)

That's how good the soundcard is!
Plus the other bells and whistles, I would say it's a very good start for Roland in DJ controller line indeed!!!

Posted Thu 15 Dec 16 @ 12:12 am
I think it was a waste of time.

Posted Thu 15 Dec 16 @ 12:40 am
kradcliffe wrote :
The kermit the frog green colour is a bit offputting too ......

yeah,I'm not all hot on that color.would have to get a skin,but with all these knobs ,that skin better be presized...

Posted Thu 15 Dec 16 @ 12:58 am
Djratedxxx919 wrote :

Maybe..sure its pricey...and four drums sounds (though can be replaced with your own samples...) its kinda my Pioneer RMX1000,but not really...

Posted Thu 15 Dec 16 @ 1:02 am
Djratedxxx919 wrote :

For somebody who said this "Old School around the way DJ...Started DJing in 1985..." I won't be surprised. LOL!

Some people just want to stay within their comfort zones.
Some, want to explore and adapt the changes.
And of course there are some who are in between.

It's our choice where to waste our time!

Cheers brother!

Posted Thu 15 Dec 16 @ 6:32 am
938MyDJ wrote :
Djratedxxx919 wrote :

For somebody who said this "Old School around the way DJ...Started DJing in 1985..." I won't be surprised. LOL!

Some people just want to stay within their comfort zones.
Some, want to explore and adapt the changes.
And of course there are some who are in between.

It's our choice where to waste our time!

Cheers brother!

First its my opinion. Also, Old school meaning im over 40, around my way I dj for CNN and Akinyele(before RobSwift). So dont think my around the way is equivalent to your around the way. Im from Lefrak City, Queens. I dj every signing party, I djed Kenny Aderson signing party also along side spinderella (his girl at the time). Andre Harrell from around my way did all his uptown records parties. So dont judge my around the way cause around my way we had a lot of successful HipHop artist. So I got a lot of experience from being an around the way DJ, been on a lot of stages being an around the way dj. My Niche now underground speak easy after hour spots in the south.

I would have rather had an onboard effects processor Like the echoplex. especially using VDJ. So dont think I dont embrace technology, but if its not practical it makes no sense to me. With an Ableton link and the pads is a much better integration Idea. With much more capabilities.

Posted Thu 15 Dec 16 @ 1:23 pm
I tried LINK in different ways on Ableton, Traktor, Ipad Apps with Push, 2x F1s, keyboard-synth, and even with RMX1000 plugin. I made it work to the max that I needed on my workflow. I too, said to myself that I don't need the 808 because of all the possibilities in using LINK.

What changed my mind is when I came accross the hassles in... switching between displays if only using one laptop, un-sync'ing and re-sync'ing when going in and out on manual beatching, using an extra soundcard if the mixer/controller cannot route the audio signal of Ableton to a specific channel that I need to use, lots of wiring, etc.

Big selling point for me is the midi-clock-out on 2 USBs and 5pin midi, the TR-S blends well with the mix way, way, better than using 3rd/4th deck or the sampler, and of course the sound quality.

And I didn't mean any disrespect on my previous post. Born on 1967, I am turning 50 myself next year. I still mix with Tech1200s every once in a while but for compact set ups, I could say this the best controller I've ever had.

As soon as this get native support with VDJ, the more people will get it. Not just the producers, musicians (like me) but the regular DJs as well.

Posted Thu 15 Dec 16 @ 10:14 pm
Well...man Ive passed up on a deal for this dj808 but its gotta be with VDJ8 ...Are we getting close yet guys?....

Posted Mon 03 Apr 17 @ 4:28 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Roland DJ-808 will be supported soon. Work in progress

Posted Mon 03 Apr 17 @ 10:20 pm
Hurray!!!

I could sense that lots of VDJ users will switch into this unit especially the folks who uses other external midi devices.

Posted Mon 03 Apr 17 @ 10:25 pm
Thats Why I'm VDJ all da way...

Posted Tue 04 Apr 17 @ 1:28 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Roland DJ-808 will be supported in next build

Posted Sat 29 Apr 17 @ 12:17 pm
It looks like the Roland DJ-808 is supported in the new b3731 Early Release

Posted Thu 04 May 17 @ 4:54 am
So can anybody say how well this works with VDJ??

I mean the sequencer and all??

Posted Wed 30 Aug 17 @ 2:44 pm

Posted Wed 30 Aug 17 @ 3:06 pm
Hmm I don't think that tells me anything about a real world user and their experience with the unit and VDJ......

Posted Wed 30 Aug 17 @ 4:21 pm
Don't think I've seen anyone here who actually has one.

Posted Wed 30 Aug 17 @ 4:23 pm
938MyDJ has one but I'm pretty sure he's a heavy SDJ user.

Posted Wed 30 Aug 17 @ 4:31 pm
63%