Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Pioneer DJM-900NXS2 support - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

I know a while ago someone asked for DJM-900NXS2 support, but I can't find the topic anymore with search...

It would be great if my DJM-900NXS2 could be used with VirtualDJ, but has someone started to look at it yet?

Posted Tue 13 Sep 16 @ 12:09 pm
Do you have the mixer ?

If yes, please drop me a PM

Posted Tue 13 Sep 16 @ 4:22 pm
PM sent

Posted Tue 13 Sep 16 @ 4:53 pm
Can I do something extra to help any of you while it is looked at?

Posted Wed 05 Oct 16 @ 1:11 pm
Just got the news from Pioneer that the full NXS2 set (DJM-900NXS2 with CDJ-2000NXS2) is now supported with T***tor software (shocked face here)

I hope there will be a sort of partnership again with Pioneer and VDJ just like the SZ shipped with VDJ a while ago.
VDJ keeps evolving to up-to-date, real big, dynamic, full funtional piece of software..

I now can make my lasers dance to the VDJ beats, make my lights swing on the VDJ beats, make video performance with all tricks and visuals you can image, do karaoke jobs, you name it!

Why do I often get the feeling that VDJ teamers are on there own?

Posted Thu 13 Oct 16 @ 9:30 am
I will have some files for you to test basic functionality today.

PS: Traktor supports CDJ-2000NXS2 in HID mode now, something that VirtualDj does already for quite some time.
Traktor does not support DJM-900NXS2 in "MIDI" / "HID" mode.
They just certified the mixer for DVS operation, something that you could do already on VirtualDj. :)

So, it's not that much of shocking news really.

The shocking news are that VirtualDj supports CDJ-2000NXS2 for quite a long time in full HID (including scratch waveforms with latest firmware update) but your "favorite" blogs fail to mention that... ;)

Posted Thu 13 Oct 16 @ 11:26 am
PhantomDeejay wrote :
".....but your "favorite" blogs fail to mention that... ;)

It's not a blog. It's just a post on facebook by Pioneer itself.

Posted Thu 13 Oct 16 @ 12:16 pm
I'm familiar with that. I was just saying that most blogs fail to mention things like this... ;)

Posted Thu 13 Oct 16 @ 12:51 pm
I was so happy when Pioneer released the XDJ1000 and 700... Really thought that would be my primary gig equipment..

"look at that beautiful waveforms you can zoom in and out.. etc etc..."

until..... "Ow.. you want to use all available features while using your own software instead of our recordbox link? That's not possible..."

If the XDJ1000MK2 could do all available features with VDJ, I would buy them today..

Posted Thu 13 Oct 16 @ 1:14 pm
Currently only CDJ-2000NXS2 supports scratch waveforms via HID (so that software like Rekordbox Dj (Performance mode) and VirtualDj can use)
Whether or not Pioneer decides to upgrade the firmware on XDJ1000MK2 to support waveforms it's something to see on the near future

Posted Thu 13 Oct 16 @ 11:32 pm
PhantomDeejay wrote :
"....I will have some files for you to test basic functionality today..."

Did you sent me some files that day? Because I haven't received anything yet.

Posted Sun 16 Oct 16 @ 1:04 pm
Sorry, it took a little longer than expected. You should receive them within the next 12 hours

Posted Mon 17 Oct 16 @ 3:20 pm
PhantomDeejay wrote :
Sorry, it took a little longer than expected. You should receive them within the next 12 hours

No problem. I'm happy you want to help me, but I was afraid it maybe ended in a spam folder or something.

Posted Mon 17 Oct 16 @ 3:24 pm
Yesterday played some videos with DJM-900NXS2 as midi / soundcard. Now I know why I need mappers :) The crossfader is not mapped (yet) and that's really necessary for the video transitions LOL..

Posted Thu 20 Oct 16 @ 8:37 am
I looks like it's supported in the Early Access build that was released today (b3573)

Posted Mon 16 Jan 17 @ 9:40 am
@klausmogensen: Thx for the heads up!

I really going to give this a try :)

Posted Mon 16 Jan 17 @ 9:55 am
Yep! The DJM-900NXS2 works "plug and play" with VDJ (Build3573), but I believe not all functionality is implemented already?

Example: The BPM counter on my DJM does not follow the BPM of VDJ?

Posted Wed 18 Jan 17 @ 8:47 am
The BPM counter on DJM is a live counter that listens your audio input. VirtualDj does not send this information on the unit.

Posted Wed 18 Jan 17 @ 9:51 am
Hmmm manual tapping it will be then...
Tried different things, but BPM on the DJM stayed at 130BPM, while I was playing 128, 150, 103 etc.. (with only djm connected and nothing else..)
I will try other setups too when I have some spare time...

(lightbulb here)
EDIT: Maybe I know why.. I think I forgot to set the rotation knob to activate the effect on the particular channel...

Posted Wed 18 Jan 17 @ 10:03 am
PhantomDeejay wrote :
The BPM counter on DJM is a live counter that listens your audio input.

A live BPM counter (option) would be really useful in VDJ. Lots of music has variable BPM and VDJ only ever shows one (analysed) average of those tracks.

It's way too much hard work to manually add anchors all the way through thousands of tracks.

Posted Fri 27 Jan 17 @ 7:02 pm
65%