Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Left Jogwheel Won't Scratch - Right Jobwheel Does Scratch

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I'm using a behringer studio 4A and virtual dj 8.23343 and on the default settings only the right jogwheel is scratch sensitive (only the right jogwheel scratches), the left jogwheel on the other hand does is not scratch sensitive at all (it does not scratch period). I would like to be able to scratch on the left wheel just as the right jogwheel does. I've tried clicking the slide button for the left jogwheel, not sure if that's the right approach, but it does nothing anyway. I can't seem to specify scratch settings in the mapping section even when I try to adjust settings to per wheel 1,2,3, and 4. What can I do to modify these "default settings" so that I'll have the ability to do some scratching with the left jogwheel identically to the right one? Is there anyway to just duplicate the right deck's scratchpad and jogwheel settings (or all the right deck's settings) and transfer them or copy them to the left deck?

Posted Fri 02 Sep 16 @ 12:03 am
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Is deck 1 in vinyl mode?

Posted Fri 02 Sep 16 @ 2:24 am
As far as I can tell, yes. Vinyl is check marked. But like I said I'm not exactly sure how vr dj's settings work, because when I set what appears to be the left deck settings to "slide" and other settings it doesn't seem to make a difference.

Posted Fri 02 Sep 16 @ 4:10 pm
I don't know what you're referring to as "slide". I'm pretty certain there's no function of that name in VDJ, and I've just checked an image of the Studio 4A and there's no button or knob marked slide on there either.

Please explain. What's slide?

Posted Fri 02 Sep 16 @ 4:39 pm
Correction: "slip" not slide. Could the default settings for a Studio 4A be like this? Where you can scratch on the right deck, but not the left deck? Maybe it would help if I knew where the scratch settings specific to each deck are located? It's kind of a strange anomaly because I was able to scratch with the left deck at one point, but not to same degree that I could with the right deck, and I've tried restoring default settings over and over again as well as entirely reinstalling the vr dj over again, but have gotten nowhere. When the left deck is not playing a sample I can scratch with the left deck jogwheel, but when it's playing I can not.

Posted Fri 02 Sep 16 @ 6:50 pm
Still waiting to hear back. Can anyone tell me what the steps I need to take are to ascertain what the problem I'm having here is exactly? Could this be a mapping problem - the default settings for a Studio A4 turntable?

Posted Sat 03 Sep 16 @ 2:28 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Just to make sure there is no hardware fault here... i believe the unit comes with Deckadance. Can you check if scratching is available with that software ?

Posted Sat 03 Sep 16 @ 11:00 pm
Thanks. That helped a lot. I did a several things. Downloaded deckadance, but also downloaded the files that are associated with studio 4A from Behringer.com's website. After downloading all these files and running them something definitely changed because scratching works on both jogwheels now. Such a relief. Awesome!

Posted Sun 04 Sep 16 @ 1:35 am
I have a mixdeck quad and experienced today one time my left didnt scratch in vinyl mode and a little bit later the right side did the same thing. YLl need to fix that or im gonna drop my subscription i deserve to get a quality product when im paying for it. I have the newest build, when i had 8.1 i had no problems, should i go back or use my serato.

Posted Mon 05 Sep 16 @ 3:33 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)