Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Problem with Denon sc3900 and Build 3386

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I just got updated to Build 3386 and since then my Denon SC3900 do not work on vinyl mode.
Video Link: https://youtu.be/uF8GPDbWntM

In the video as soon as I turn on vinyl mode the tempo speeds up and slows down randomly without me moving the pitch slider.

Towards the end you will see the lower waveform just constantly be faster that the top one. That has been happening to me randomly for years.
I also have the Numark V7's I will test those later and update if they have the same problem

Windows 8.1 running on a 2012 macbook pro

Posted Tue 30 Aug 16 @ 9:18 pm
Do you have the latest firmware updated on the 3900s? Bottom of page, under downloads - http://www.denondj.com/products/view/sc3900
If you haven't done this yet, make sure you are using a FAT 32 formatted flash drive.

Posted Wed 31 Aug 16 @ 2:41 am
Have had the updated firmware for a while. This seems like a build issue as my other laptop with an older build does not have this problem.

Posted Wed 31 Aug 16 @ 12:58 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
START & STOP TIME knobs are at 0 (minimum) position ?
Latest mapping updates have those knobs assigned as startupspeed and brakespeed

Posted Wed 31 Aug 16 @ 7:59 pm
I use a custom mapper.

If you look at the youtube video link in the first post, you will see that the song plays just fine when vinyl mode is off

I had early access builds checked, so i downgraded to b3343 and it is back to normal.

Posted Thu 01 Sep 16 @ 1:53 pm
A.eXe 1PRO InfinityMember since 2011
Same thing here. I use a pair of Audio Technica ATLP-120's. I went back to build 3343 until it's fixed.

Posted Thu 01 Sep 16 @ 5:24 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
@syxxfiggaz Can you please try the following ..
- Update to the latest Early Access 3390 (there is a fix for loading tracks with various samplerates - dont think its related to your issue, but just in case)
- Use the factory default mapping.
- Delete (backup ) settings.xml from /VirtualDJ folder

Let me know if the issue is still there regarding speed when Vinyl is turned on/off.

BTW, we tried with a single unit here and had no issue. Since we cant test with 2 units, can you please try to use a single one , just in case some conflict occurs when 2 units are used ?

Posted Thu 01 Sep 16 @ 6:50 pm
Ok.
I am djin this weekend so I probably wont get back to you till Tuesday

Posted Fri 02 Sep 16 @ 12:26 pm
djdad wrote :
@syxxfiggaz Can you please try the following ..
- Update to the latest Early Access 3390 (there is a fix for loading tracks with various samplerates - dont think its related to your issue, but just in case)
- Use the factory default mapping.
- Delete (backup ) settings.xml from /VirtualDJ folder

Let me know if the issue is still there regarding speed when Vinyl is turned on/off.

BTW, we tried with a single unit here and had no issue. Since we cant test with 2 units, can you please try to use a single one , just in case some conflict occurs when 2 units are used ?

Build 3398 works!

Posted Wed 07 Sep 16 @ 11:35 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)