Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: VDJ8.2 b3343 can be forced to crash on my system

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

ProfLeePRO InfinityMember since 2011
As you can see in the video, when saving a playlist, I can force VDJ8.2 b3343 to crash. This started last night as I was setting up for a gig. At the time, I was using build v8.2 b3324. I had tome to try this at least a dozen time and was able to repeat this process each time. Up until the day before the event, this hadn't occurred. I shut everything down and made sure to not do this action during the night and everything worked fine from that point on.

I was offline so no report would have been sent.

This seems to be a regression bug because I remember having this issue in an earlier build and it had been corrected.

My laptop is a MBP w/Retina circa 2013

Today, once back at home, I tried repeating the process and was able to repeat the crash. At that point, I decided to update my build to v8.2 b3343 to see if that would rectify the situation. It didn't. I was logged in so you should have a crash report in your archive.

The video is made with build 3343

Think the problem could be a skin issue, I reverted back to the default skin as you can see in the video.

See video here:

Posted Thu 18 Aug 16 @ 6:55 pm
Have you tried repairing permissions on your mac? I cannot replicate here.

Posted Thu 18 Aug 16 @ 8:21 pm
The latest OS eliminated the ability to manually repair permissions. Which OS are you using?

Posted Fri 19 Aug 16 @ 2:24 am
AsTheDJPRO InfinityMember since 2008
Hay lee is your controller pull in ? try it with out the controller pull in I was have issues some what like that.

Posted Fri 19 Aug 16 @ 1:53 pm
AsTheDJ+ wrote :
Hay lee is your controller pull in ? try it with out the controller pull in I was have issues some what like that.

Tried it both with and without the controller plugged in. The crash happens either way.

I'm sure it will get fixed soon. No worries.

Posted Fri 19 Aug 16 @ 10:30 pm
UPDATE!!! build b3378 repaired the issue.

Posted Tue 23 Aug 16 @ 2:01 am
is this now a public build or is it an early build and still in testing

Posted Tue 23 Aug 16 @ 2:37 am
Don't think it's public yet.

Posted Sat 27 Aug 16 @ 2:42 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)