Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Staff - someone please contact Symantec...

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Could someone from Atomix please get in touch from someone from Symantec and figure out why Norton keeps declaring virtualdj.com to be a dangerous site and trying to block me from visiting it. It also interferes with downloads (skins and such).

It's kind of a pain in the ass, and it's also a little concerning in case there is an actual issue...

Posted Wed 17 Aug 16 @ 9:17 pm
Symantec are the problem. Anything not recognised gets blacklisted. Get some decent antivirus. Their method of blocking practically everything is great for 3 year olds and pensioners but no one else.

Posted Wed 17 Aug 16 @ 9:45 pm
I ditched every antivirus I had and just stuck with windows defender and haven't had an issue since.

and to quote one of my IT friends: "Norton's is a virus and the company should be flogged with a rusty bike chain."

I somehow get the feeling he had no love for them.

Posted Wed 17 Aug 16 @ 10:39 pm
[quote=wildcountryclub]I ditched every antivirus I had and just stuck with windows defender and haven't had an issue since.

I tend to agree. The only problem I have had is that Windows Defender does not want to install the professional version of VDJ7.4.7. It does not claim it is a virus it reads that is might harm my computer. I have no need for it so I have not installed it. I am sure however it would be fine in that I have the free home edition of VDJ 7.4.7 installed already.

Posted Thu 18 Aug 16 @ 2:30 am
I have the computer mac desktop and i have virtual dj and i need the password if you can send it to my email for my music to work properly. Thank you for your help.

Sorry, no one will send you their password, so don't ask. AMAHM

Posted Thu 18 Aug 16 @ 3:25 am
fallguy66 wrote :
[quote=wildcountryclub]I ditched every antivirus I had and just stuck with windows defender and haven't had an issue since.

I tend to agree. The only problem I have had is that Windows Defender does not want to install the professional version of VDJ7.4.7. It does not claim it is a virus it reads that is might harm my computer. I have no need for it so I have not installed it. I am sure however it would be fine in that I have the free home edition of VDJ 7.4.7 installed already.

it also does that with some of the plug-ins but is no big deal. just tell it to go ahead and install. that's what I've always done.

Posted Thu 18 Aug 16 @ 7:32 am
Trash that norton crap and all of its sub programs.

Get AVG or Avast.
No problem.

Posted Tue 23 Aug 16 @ 3:49 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)