Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Broadcast & Podcast Question

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

When I try to Broadcast PC To PC or Podcast I get no error message but when I go to the website to hear the broadcast I get a message reading loading and nothing happens. Can I assume from this that my Port 8000 is not open?

Posted Mon 15 Aug 16 @ 5:19 pm
Since I do not know what I am doing I poked around in my router from my PC and saw Port 4 looked available. So I changed in options from Port 8000 to Port 4. When I tried to Broadcast, PC to PC I did get the error message. I figured that since I did not get the error message before it is not Port 8000 that is the problem. So I changed back to Port 8000 and tried to broadcast, PC to PC and Podcast and now I got the error message. So now I think it is Port 8000 is not forwarded. Since I have no idea how to open or forward Port 8000 and will probably screw up my internet service I have done nothing. But I am confident that Port 8000 is not open and I can win the dunce of the month club!!! Thanks for listening and goodnight...

Posted Mon 15 Aug 16 @ 8:32 pm
don't feel too bad or left out - i've never gotten it to broadcast in any form since v3.4 on an old winXP computer.

Posted Mon 15 Aug 16 @ 8:57 pm
i cant seem to make it work and i know port 8000 is open and i get the error message saying its not as well ....
i also tried to connect locally with another pc on my network and there is no output but it connects and says streaming at 64kbps

something weird going on here

Posted Mon 15 Aug 16 @ 9:32 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
If you're sure port 8000 is open and forwarded to your computer, then try changing the setting 'broadcastDirectFormat' from it's default of 'ogg' to 'mp3'.

You may still get an error on the website, but the stream should then work. We are aware of a few issues with the pc-to-pc direct broadcasting system and are working on them :)

Posted Mon 15 Aug 16 @ 9:38 pm
so my previous statement is incorrect the port was not open

also switch to mp3 fixed local network streaming so it should have fix the rest but my isp has some weird rules about ports 8000-8015, so it seems i can't use this feature.

thanks anyways :-)

Posted Tue 16 Aug 16 @ 12:27 am
Still working on getting this and am to the point where I am asked for Protocol. Is the Protocol TCP or UDP?

Posted Tue 16 Aug 16 @ 3:00 am
Ok is there a step by step somewhere on how to make this work??

I'd love to interview some of the DJs we have play at the club and have them throw down a set. The last act we had was K Theory and they were some solid dudes. We got Bear Grillz coming back and id love to have this up and running.

But..........

I have no clue how to make this work, lmao!! Story of my life ;-p

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Posted Tue 16 Aug 16 @ 3:37 pm
Depends on the internet setup to how you set things up.
If you have a router between the pc and the internet. You will have to tell the router to map port 8000 to the IP of the pc vdj is running on.

When you start pc to pc broadcasting the first time on a windows machine you get a popup to config firewall accept that and you should be good.

No clue about mac sry

Posted Tue 16 Aug 16 @ 4:45 pm

Posted Tue 16 Aug 16 @ 4:50 pm
Hmm, not even gonna lie that is above my pay grade, lmao!!

But........

Ill give it a go when i get home tonight.

Thanks for the info.

Posted Tue 16 Aug 16 @ 5:06 pm
Actually after sitting down and reading that whole page you linked to I just might be able to figure this out.

I think it'll be the bottom half that is the most difficult but I'm always up for a challenge, lol!!

Posted Tue 16 Aug 16 @ 6:54 pm
Ok what should be my "Inbound port" and my "Local Port"??

Is this where I type in the 8000??

OK I think I managed to open port 8000, heres a screen shot

But this site still gives me an error??

Posted Wed 17 Aug 16 @ 12:31 am
Ok I got the PC 2 PC broadcasting to work,

And I can hear it on my iPhones but this site still says ERROR and that I need to open port 8000 but it clearly is.

So next Ill try to upload another podcast.

And after rereading this thread again I see Scott did say I would get an error but yes it'll work.

Posted Wed 17 Aug 16 @ 1:19 am
Ok I got both to work but found a bug in the Podcast system.

My stuff is uploading but I have to be signed out in order to hear the podcast!?!

So Thanks for all the info fellas and I look forward to the upcoming fixes to this site.

Posted Wed 17 Aug 16 @ 2:20 am
And I had the PodCast coming threw my windows phone now,

AWESOME!!

ok I'm done posting now, lmmfao!!

Posted Wed 17 Aug 16 @ 2:53 am
Ok. I have open or forwarded my 8000 port to my computer. When I open my router it tells me that both settings TCP & UDP are allowing VDJ to access port 8000. I still get the error but it was said that that would appear. I still can not receive either the podcast or direct pc to pc broadcast on my computer. I read somewhere that one might not be able to access the broadcast from the same computer or maybe the same network. I then tried my android smart phone and I got the connection error and still did not hear the broadcast. I disabled my windows firewall to see if that is the problem but still no luck. It looks like everything is set right but obviously it is not. I am out of answers....

Posted Sun 21 Aug 16 @ 8:57 pm
not sure what ISP you are on but for me i had to switch broadcastDirectPort (this is a vdj setting) to something else my ISP was blocking 8000-8015 u may have same issue try port 2500 or something when u get the port open the message will go away from the web page.

Posted Sun 21 Aug 16 @ 9:13 pm
Thanks wickedmix but it did not work. If this means anything when I go to the Users Network and click on anyone broadcasting I get the same error and no broadcast. So I can not send or receive, sounds bad....

Posted Sun 21 Aug 16 @ 10:30 pm
I think I got it! I deleted windows rules and then tried to broadcast and VDJ asked for permissions which I gave. Upon starting broadcast I got a message stating I was broadcasting. It only took me six days. I could be an ad for VDJ with the phrase, "If this guy can do it you can too."

Posted Mon 22 Aug 16 @ 3:01 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)