Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Pioneer DDJ SX issues with 8.2

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I have Pioneer DDJ SX. After the 8.2 upgrade, the loop out and both parameter buttons stay lighted on both decks. I have tried everything to no avail. It only happens in version 8.2. When i roll back to 8.0, the issue disappears. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers and updated the firmware to no avail.
Anyone knows a fix for this?

Posted Sun 07 Aug 16 @ 6:16 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
The Loop Leds will be fixed in next update.
In the meantime you can change the actions of the following keys ..

LED_LOOP_IN : loop_adjust 'in' ? blink 300ms : loop_in
LED_LOOP_OUT : loop_adjust 'out' ? blink 300ms : loop_out

As for the Param buttons, the plan for next update, is to have the Leds on when the selected Pads page has Parameters and off when not.
Or no ?
Please remind me ... do the Param buttons have backlit illumination (dimmed) when off ? If they do, then probably Off in all cases would be the best option indeed.

Posted Sun 07 Aug 16 @ 3:23 pm
Thanks for your suggestions. I did have time to play around with the mappings and this is what finally turn off the light.

loop_adjust 'out' ? blink 300ms : loop_adjust 'out' ? loop ? on : Loop_out

I will test it later to see if it will affect my loopings.

Will be waiting for fix for the parameter light. For clarification, the parameter used to be completely out but now it is solid on.

Posted Sun 07 Aug 16 @ 8:07 pm
Yes, i see that now the Parameter Leds are on always. The questions to be answered are :
- Do the Parameter Leds are dimmed when off, or completely off ? ( E.g. if you assign the LED_PARAMETER of the HOTCUE mode as off )
- Is it annoying having the Leds of the Parameter buttons ON when a Pads page has Parameters , as an indication that an operation is available for them ?

Posted Sun 07 Aug 16 @ 8:15 pm
The good news if that the load button light has returned.
However, the mapping I did, turned off the loop out light but messed up the manual loop in and out. I can use autoloop but cannot use manual loop. So it is not actually a fix. I tried the mapping you provided with same results. Loop out light is off as it should be but I cannot do manual loops.
Please help.

Posted Sun 07 Aug 16 @ 8:44 pm
Loop In : Sets the Loop In. If Loop is enabled it sets the Jog to Loop In Adjust mode
Loop Out : Sets the Loop Out. If Loop is enabled it sets the Jog to Loop Out Adjust mode
To exit the Loop use the Auto Loop button.

At least thats what the buttons are assigned in the default mapping, not sure if you have changed that.
the actions i provided above were only for the LEDs

LOOP_IN -> loop ? loop_adjust 'in' : loop_in
LOOP_OUT -> loop ? loop_adjust 'out' : loop_out
LED_LOOP_IN -> loop_adjust 'in' ? blink 300ms : loop_in
LED_LOOP_OUT -> loop_adjust 'out' ? blink 300ms : loop_out

Posted Sun 07 Aug 16 @ 9:10 pm
This mapping finally took care of the loop out led issue.

loop_adjust 'out' ? blink 300ms : loop_adjust 'out' ? off : loop ? on : loop_out

Does the mapping make sense to you? I am not a programmer but I have tried it this evening and it works with no apparent issues.
If it is correct, please send it back to me as an update of the factory default so I don't have to remember to select Custom Mapping for it to work.
Still waiting for the fix for the parameter Led issue.

Posted Mon 08 Aug 16 @ 3:20 am
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
To me, this mapping doesn't make sense.

loop_adjust 'out' ? blink 300ms : loop_adjust 'out' ? off : loop ? on : loop_out

The big part will never be executed.

I think, without testing it, this should be the same without the unnecessary part.

loop_adjust 'out' ? blink 300ms : loop ? on : loop_out

Posted Mon 08 Aug 16 @ 9:03 am
teheysay wrote :
Still waiting for the fix for the parameter Led issue.

"Fix" wont come unless i get answers to my questions :)

djdad wrote :
Yes, i see that now the Parameter Leds are on always. The questions to be answered are :
- Do the Parameter Leds are dimmed when off, or completely off ? ( E.g. if you assign the LED_PARAMETER of the HOTCUE mode as off )
- Is it annoying having the Leds of the Parameter buttons ON when a Pads page has Parameters , as an indication that an operation is available for them ?

Posted Mon 08 Aug 16 @ 1:27 pm
Sorry DJDAD,
I thought you were sending a fix for the parameter Led. To answer your question, the Parameter Led before 8.2 update were completely off unless activated. Being on all the time now is not only annoying but confusing to me. A fix will be highly appreciated.

DJ PatchN,
For the mapping i posted earlier to turn off the Led Loop_out, i simply modified the factory default mapping for Led Loop_in. I tried it and it worked unless i will have issues in the future since i am not a sophisticated user of VDJ.

Posted Tue 09 Aug 16 @ 1:25 am
Ok, we will turn them off in next update.
Also asked if the Leds are dimmed when off, because in a dark working environment , it would help to have them on if not offering dimming, anyways, since those are not widely used buttons/operations, i suppose we can have them off.

Btw, the Parameter Leds were on, only when the Hotcues mode is selected , correct ? As far as i can see in the mapping files, the Leds were off in all other modes.

Posted Tue 09 Aug 16 @ 3:27 am
DJDAD, Yes, the parameter led stays on when Hotcue is selected. I think you can now update the factory default mapping for the Led Loop_Out issue in the next update.

I also want to let DJ PatchN know that i tried his mapping on my other computer and it worked as well.

Posted Tue 09 Aug 16 @ 4:41 am
Both Loop Leds and Parameter Leds actions are updated for the next build.

Posted Tue 09 Aug 16 @ 5:31 am
Thanks.

Posted Tue 09 Aug 16 @ 2:05 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)