Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Blank screen when playing some karaoke mp3+g files

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi to all,

I recently updated from 7.4.7 to lastest 8.2. When using 7.4.7, it would play all my karaoke mp3+g files, however in 8.2 I'm getting a blank screen with audio only for some karaoke files (the same files work perfectly in 7.4.7). I've tried playing these files on a PC and Macbook pro, the results are the same...blank screen with audio only playing. Can't figure this out, never had karaoke issues before, I would greatly appreciate some help. Do I need to download a codec? Change some setting?

Thank you in advance for any suggestions
Angelo

Posted Fri 05 Aug 16 @ 10:05 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
No codec is required.

Are you sure you have the Volume faders high enough ? By default Video Output is linked to the Volume faders, so if very low , video will be faded to back (there is a setting to change that though)

Do you have any issues playing other Video file formats ?

Any chance its related to some specific Video Transition ? Have you tried different ones ?

Posted Fri 05 Aug 16 @ 10:09 pm
Thanks for the reply.

The transition is set to fade all the time, works for all other karaoke files. I have played dj video's mp4 without any issues. My volume faders are set to max.

I've checked the file info, and the files are recognized by vdj as karaoke (the karaoke box is checked), and there is a microphone icon next to the song.

Any other suggestions?

Posted Fri 05 Aug 16 @ 10:24 pm
Could you possibly upload one of the problematic files (DropBox, Google Drive, etc) so that we can test it and see if it's the file?

Posted Fri 05 Aug 16 @ 11:14 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Thank you, we ll take a look.

Posted Sat 06 Aug 16 @ 10:50 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)