Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Rane SL2 audio drop out

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

GadgetzPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Getting major drop out after about an hour and a half, I've turned timecode off to test if it's the 'in' signal and it continues to drop.
Seems fine on the SX and even using two CDJ's in HID using both soundcards and an an external mixer, this problem presented in the current and previous 8.2 builds. Not in 8.1 at all.
I am running mac El capitan 10.11.5. Please help

Posted Fri 29 Jul 16 @ 1:24 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
what is the value of the latency setting (VirtualDJ Settings->OPTIONS tab)

Can you try to type 512 and see if the sound issue is still present ?

Posted Fri 29 Jul 16 @ 4:18 am
It's currently set to auto, I will try 512, I am currently stress testing in 8.1 as I have a timecode gig tonight and don't want to risk testing 8.2 and the 512 in a live environment and if it doesn't work at home it'd take another couple of hours

Posted Fri 29 Jul 16 @ 9:18 am
Just tried with 8.1 same issue after an hour, tried 512 and turning super to no, still the same issue.
Currently uninstalling all dj software and sl drivers and reinstalling

Posted Fri 29 Jul 16 @ 10:14 am
Back to 8.2 and it turns out after a driver reinstall there is also a firmware update for the sl2 that didn't show before all done and the test is started.
Fingers crossed it was as simple as that!!

Posted Fri 29 Jul 16 @ 10:35 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Can you confirm that the "special" Rane SL2 button in the AUDIO tab (under CARD section) is still there after the firmware update and provides the correct audio setup ?

Posted Fri 29 Jul 16 @ 3:24 pm
It showed right up. I deleted all drivers and software and reloaded with fresh downloads, the SL2 driver window showed the firmware update this time I hit that, let it do its thing, fired up VDJ and it worked off the bat and ran solid for 6 hours. I chose to run with my SX last weekend but will play live with the SL2 box tomorrow.
I've encountered an unrelated strange blip though and will start a new topic for that.
Apologies for the delay in replying.

Posted Thu 04 Aug 16 @ 12:46 am
Full set tonight, not even a blip!!

Posted Fri 05 Aug 16 @ 1:41 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)