Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: You Have Been Updated? (Is this legit?)

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

When I just opened Virtual DJ Pro 8.2, a box came up saying "You Have Been Updated !" In the box it says "Your VirtualDJ has just been updated ! Do you want to use the new version now?"

If I click Yes, I am asked by Windows User Account control if I want to install VirtualDJ New Version.exe.

Is this a legitimate update?

Posted Thu 28 Jul 16 @ 2:38 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Sounds right the last public update was, 2016-07-18

Posted Thu 28 Jul 16 @ 2:50 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
Yes, this is the auto update mechanism :)

Posted Fri 29 Jul 16 @ 10:43 am
I really wish they would get rid of this annoying auto update function. id rather it let me update when i can check its not going to play up on my machine. After every update i leave everything setup and running on automix for 24 hours and then have a really fast video mix to make sure that there isn't any bugs (and lets be honest, there normally is) Only problem is, if i need to use the machine on the internet for whatever reason at or before the gig, i get the annoying auto update message that i cant clear unless i update :(

Posted Tue 02 Aug 16 @ 8:26 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Then turn check for updates off then,

simples

Posted Tue 02 Aug 16 @ 8:29 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006

If an update has already downloaded and you don't want to update and want to get rid of the warning then set that option, then go into your Documents\VirtualDJ\Cache folder and delete the update file.

Posted Tue 02 Aug 16 @ 8:51 pm
As if! i never knew that. thanks guys

Posted Tue 02 Aug 16 @ 9:00 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)