Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Video effects - sonique

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hello All,

I've got the new Virtual DJ 8 from 7. There's a video effect that is on 7 called Sonique Animations. I would like to have it on Virtual DJ 8, is there any way i can move it to 8, for my video effects?

Many Thanks
Danny at Dellsound

Posted Mon 25 Jul 16 @ 6:52 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Sonique isn't supported with V8 we use Milkdrop now.

Posted Mon 25 Jul 16 @ 6:58 pm
It still does work with VDJ8, even the associated controls, ie., transparency. I have the Sonique folder in the VideoEffect or Visualization in the main Plugins folder. It will show when you right-click the effects slot; then, you may select your favorite Sonique visualization. Still a nice supplement for Milkdrop because, if provided, you can adjust transparency thru effect knob.

Posted Mon 25 Jul 16 @ 8:16 pm
It may work for you, and that's good. As Logodog stated, it is not supported in ver 8, so others should not expect any help to get it to work for them.

Posted Mon 25 Jul 16 @ 8:51 pm
Understood. V8 does not support Sonique but the OP asked for 'a way to move V7's Sonique to V8.' And I had just shared what I've done that I know works. And we all have the same V8. That's what this forum is all about, right?

Posted Mon 25 Jul 16 @ 9:19 pm
Correct, as you have given him a way to try to get it to work. I'm trying to give him a full picture. Most people look for what sounds good to them. We just want to make sure he understands that it my not work for him. It's not always sunny, you have to prepare for rain.

Posted Mon 25 Jul 16 @ 9:24 pm
Just giving back to the community, man! Got a lot of insights from the forum discussions over the years that otherwise, would have not picked up by myself. Speaking of rain, nasty storm at this time, man.

Posted Mon 25 Jul 16 @ 9:36 pm
Yeah me too, scares the shet out of my dog. Where are you?

Posted Mon 25 Jul 16 @ 9:47 pm
Haha! ....Connecticut.

Posted Mon 25 Jul 16 @ 9:49 pm
New Jersey, just had a momentary power flicker, and have to be to work in a hour.

Posted Mon 25 Jul 16 @ 9:50 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
Sonique is officially supported in v8 PC. There is no plugin; they are natively supported. Just put your SVP file in your Plugins\Visualisations folder.

Obviously Sonique is very old and finding new and better solutions would be preferable.

Posted Tue 26 Jul 16 @ 4:57 pm
'Milkdrop' is hands-down mucho better -awesome, exciting and powerful than Sonique. But I can't control transparency with it. So, for too racy music videos that I want to just obscure (not cover up entirely), Sonique visualizations (not all but most) come handy with the effect knob to control transparency. The mix comes out very well. (Unless it's available in Milkdrop and I'm just missing it. Ha!)

Posted Tue 26 Jul 16 @ 7:53 pm
I stand corrected, sorry for the misinformation.

Posted Tue 26 Jul 16 @ 8:15 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)