Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: DJM900srt and CDJ 2000 Nexus went crazy tonight

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

PtownDJPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Ok guys, i updated VDJ today and all was fine in my afternoon sound check, but tonight as i got into my set the sound started to climb and next thing i know the limiter is in full red... I tried to pull back the gain but the mixer was not responding, and nothing in VDJ would let me pull down as well... Thankfully i had an "Oh shit" cd still in the 3rd deck from our guest DJ last week who was using Tracktor and having issues...

I haven't needed a back up in several years so this was a surprise to me...

After i disconnected the DJM900srt USB, my CDJ2000nexus decks went crazy and i couldn't get them to switch back to deck 1 and 2... I was getting sound from deck 2 and video from deck 1 and back and forth. It was freaking me out. I can't remember the last time so many things went wrong in 1 night with VDJ.

Also, "slideshow" doesn't work either. WOW Im happy to be home now. All my updates on my macbook pro are in place, my laptop is almost 2 years old, and i am not running El captain on this machine. Any ideas???

Posted Sun 24 Jul 16 @ 6:09 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
The SLideshow is fixed already in the latest build, but you will have to enable the EarlyAccessUpdate setting to get that, or wait for a few days to become public.

As for the sound issues you had, were you using the sound card of the DJM mixer or the sound cards of the CDJs in your Audio Setup ?
Keep in mind that by default, the DJM mixer is working in "fake" mode, meaning that the mixing is done by the Hardware and the Gain, EQ, Volumes etc are Hardware and VirtualDJ mixer is disabled, so whatever Gain/Volume issues you had, those were probably coming from the mixer itself, unless you had excluded the ONINIT assigned actions from a Custom Mapping

Posted Sun 24 Jul 16 @ 11:34 am
I started off using the sound card in the DJM900srt mixer, it was fine at first but slowly within the hour the gain went up... It was the limiter in VDJ that was showing full red when i switched to cd and re-started VDJ... The only thing i had done differently since the afternoon sound check was to map the crossfader to video. After re-starting VDJ i went back to using the CDJ's as sound cards and disconnected the mixer from USB, the CDJ2000 decks went back to normal as well, meaning the left deck was number 1 and the right deck was number 2 etc etc. Im glad to hear slideshow is working.

Posted Sun 24 Jul 16 @ 3:19 pm
You can try to set the setting zeroDB to a lower value (would help Limiter to kick less). Also make sure you have AutoGain setting to Auto

When the DJM900SRT is used (as Midi - connected to USB), the mixer enters the "fake" mode, meaning that the mixer of VirtualDJ (including Gains) is not applying to the mixing, and its the Hardware itself that handles all the audio process (Gain, EQ, etc).

When a key of a controller is changed though (and a Custom mapping is created), VirtualDJ automatically re-loads the mapper, which means that the ONINIT key (which is mapped to enable the fake mixer) should apply, so there shouldnt be a problem.

Not sure what happened there.. perhaps, you could reproduce and provide the exact steps for us to test ?

Posted Sun 24 Jul 16 @ 5:36 pm
I'll do my best

Posted Sun 24 Jul 16 @ 7:43 pm
OK WOW!!!

I think I'm gonna go back to using my DDJ-SX for now until the bugs are worked out... With this latest build to VDJ i can no longer get my left CDJ2000nexus deck to control deck 1... In VDJ, it wants to be deck 2 or deck 4, but the weird thing is the audio shows up in channel 1 on the mixer and the right deck will only control deck 2 but the audio is fine on channel 2 of the mixer... Im not even going to attempt the USB on the DJM900srt.

Is there a button on the CDJ that i am missing? The display shows the left deck as deck 1 and the right deck as 2, I have two more decks i could try but this is crazy! :-) Im so glad that i am testing this now and not 15 minutes before we open doors tonight. lol

Posted Thu 28 Jul 16 @ 11:14 pm
In VirtualDJ Settings->Controllers tab, select each the CDJ (one by one) and make sure they are assigned to the correct decks from the right side (most likely the first one to Deck 1 and the 2nd to Deck 2 , but could be vice versa)

Keep also in mind that the decks will be inverted (Left unit will toggle between Deck 1 and Deck 3) if the EJECT button is pressed for more than 2 seconds.
So you may have pressed that to EJECT a CD and the decks were swapped.

PS. This behavior/operation is also present in older versions/builds, so i doubt if the update is the one to blame

Posted Fri 29 Jul 16 @ 4:29 am
Ok will give it a shot for tonights set... Thank you

Posted Thu 04 Aug 16 @ 10:31 pm
djdad wrote :

Keep also in mind that the decks will be inverted (Left unit will toggle between Deck 1 and Deck 3) if the EJECT button is pressed for more than 2 seconds.
So you may have pressed that to EJECT a CD and the decks were swapped.

I made the time longer. Difficult to change old habits...

Posted Fri 05 Aug 16 @ 7:19 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)