Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: AU plug ins

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Are audio unit (AU) plug-ins supported in 8.2? I see the manual only talks about VST, please advise if I can still use plug-ins on a MAC.

thanks

Posted Fri 15 Jul 16 @ 3:26 pm
Refreshing this post, any input would be greatly appreciated! thx

Posted Mon 18 Jul 16 @ 7:30 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
As far as I can see AU plugins are not supported, however VST is.

Posted Tue 19 Jul 16 @ 11:58 am
Thanks Scott.

Does anyone have experience running VST plug-ins on a mac? I know there are programs to do it, but none that I'm familiar with. Any recommendations would be appreciated!

Matt

Posted Tue 19 Jul 16 @ 2:29 pm
You can get proper Mac VST plugins. In fact from some reading it seems some AU plugins are just wrapped Mac VSTs.

Here's some examples:

http://www.kvraudio.com/plugins/macosx/vst-plugins/effects/newest

I haven't actually tested myself to see if they work OK - it looks like they should but it's entirely possible I've missed something so I will boot up the Mac later on and test some to be sure.

Posted Tue 19 Jul 16 @ 2:37 pm
That looks like a great site, however I am specifically looking to get through rmx-1000 plug-in working on my mac.

The vst works fine on my desktop pc, but no joy using the vst or au on my gig machine (macbook)

Posted Tue 19 Jul 16 @ 2:57 pm
Unsure if the Mac version of that plugin is a VST or an AU. I'll have a look later and see what I can find out.

Posted Tue 19 Jul 16 @ 5:59 pm
I verified I downloaded the MAC plugin for the rmx which does come with a VST version however it still does not function properly in VDJ. The actual plug in looks like the RMX on screen which the hardware controls, instead I am getting a large box with about 100 different knobs. I do get some sound from the plug-in but it definitely does not function as it should (and does on the PC).

I noticed in the effect section of the manual for VDJ 8 it states "*VST and VSTi Effect support is not currently available for Mac computers". Does this mean VDJ itself does not work with VST plug-ins on a Mac? So essentially I am SOL?

Is this on the to do list by any chance?

Posted Tue 19 Jul 16 @ 11:43 pm
dj5826 wrote :
instead I am getting a large box with about 100 different knobs

VST GUIs aren't implemented on Macs yet, but it's on the todo list :)

dj5826 wrote :
I do get some sound from the plug-in but it definitely does not function as it should (and does on the PC).

Perhaps that's related to something from the GUI that isn't immediately obvious due to not being able to see it.

dj5826 wrote :
I noticed in the effect section of the manual for VDJ 8 it states "*VST and VSTi Effect support is not currently available for Mac computers". Does this mean VDJ itself does not work with VST plug-ins on a Mac? So essentially I am SOL?

Is this on the to do list by any chance?

That's incorrect, but I will do some further testing and have a look at implementing the GUI support. I will also have a look at what is involved with AU as well but make no promises there ;)

Posted Wed 20 Jul 16 @ 6:05 pm
Thanks Scott. I would be happy to test if you need someone.

I appreciate you getting back to me, and of course the time and effort the VDJ team put in as always!

Posted Thu 21 Jul 16 @ 3:04 am
Scott, thank you for including this with the latest early release. I am now able to see vst plug in correctly on my mac. While playing around with it, I did have a few crashes. Specifically when I used the overdub feature on the RMX-1000. Are you able to view my crash report or can I sent it over to you? If the latter, please advise where I can find the crash report to send over.

Thanks again for addressing my issue!

Matt

Posted Tue 02 Aug 16 @ 12:20 am
I can see the crash, it occurred whilst the VST was processing audio.

I will have a look and see if I can see anything obviously wrong or any safety we can add, but I can't promise anything as it will be difficult to replicate as I can't install the VST without having the hardware :(

Posted Tue 02 Aug 16 @ 2:48 am
Thanks for that.

Posted Tue 02 Aug 16 @ 11:15 am
I know I'm late to the party but did this ever get fixed?

Posted Fri 04 Nov 16 @ 7:00 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)