Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: Automix - Setting for fixed BPM during Automix - Page: 3
blckjckPRO InfinityMember since 2008
groovindj wrote :
blckjck wrote :
the displayed number didn't change

Which number? Displayed where?

The deck displayed BPM of the song playing in deck A. Usually when you adjust the pitch fader, it reflects the change. When doing the above, it did not reflect the change. Now that I think more, the pitch fader knob may have stayed centered. It may have shown the color shadow of where it was automatically adjusted to.

Posted Wed 09 Oct 19 @ 11:08 pm
Wouldn't it have stayed the same because it was beat matched to deck B?

Also some skins show the track's original BPM on the deck rather than the actual live BPM after the pitch fader has moved.

Posted Thu 10 Oct 19 @ 6:50 am
freppaPRO InfinityMember since 2002
blckjck wrote :
kradcliffe wrote :
Some of the DJs I know only play 128bpm.

Housey boring crap. Night after night.

I had a DJ for one of our boogies play six hours of the same baseline at a constant BPM. Man, this really got people aggravated. I would have rather listened to pink noise.

I keep right around 128 because the tracks I like to mix in that genre are 125 - 130 with a majority at 128. However, the energy of my song's change constantly. They give you a feeling of being faster or slower while being at the same BPM. 128 all night is fine if done right.

I would be interested to know the OP's NEED to stay at that BPM. I also wonder if the automix editor allows the change of BPM as well.

That would be boring on a club.
I see it in other eyes where someone wants to create a set for example a workout class.
They like to keep the bpm pumping and have the same beat for that hour or something.

Posted Thu 10 Oct 19 @ 8:31 am
blckjck wrote:
Havent tried but here is something that should work (in theory)... tricky .. but all u need is a deck that your Automix deck will sync to.
- Enable Automix on Deck 1
- Enable Beatlock on Deck 2
- Set Deck 2 as MASTER Deck (use a 4 Deck skin for that or a custom button assigned as ... deck 2 masterdeck , so that syncing with Beatlock to be performed based on this Deck (2)
- Load any track on Deck 2 and start playing, use the Pitch fader to set its BPM to the desired value (the one that Deck 1 will follow) and set its Volume down
- Start Deck 1

djdad wrote :
This did work for me. I kept a running loop on the second deck. Each incoming song matched to it.
------------------

On my software, this doesn't work. The incoming track does ALWAYS mix into the loop. What do I make wrong?

Posted Sun 10 Nov 19 @ 8:12 pm
The reason why I want to have this feature is to avoid a strong tempo increase or reduction if the incoming track is much faster or slower than the running track.

Posted Sun 10 Nov 19 @ 8:32 pm
blckjckPRO InfinityMember since 2008
user18178104 wrote :
On my software, this doesn't work. The incoming track does ALWAYS mix into the loop. What do I make wrong?

On deck two set the looped track. Then, on deck one, load the first song on your automix list. Start it, then turn on automix. You should see it preload the next song in the list onto deck one.

freppa wrote :
That would be boring on a club.
I see it in other eyes where someone wants to create a set for example a workout class.
They like to keep the bpm pumping and have the same beat for that hour or something.

I've seen a lot of great club sets that run at 128 all night long. I think it depends on the energy of the songs. I've seen BPM changes work also. To each his own. I don't think there is a wrong way if the audience is enjoying it.

Posted Sun 10 Nov 19 @ 8:42 pm
True, but my point was the example of a workout class
The people who training in those classes like to have the same tempo through the whole workout for cardio etc..
Fitness Cover

Posted Tue 12 Nov 19 @ 4:57 pm
I completely forgot about those "workout" CDs.

I have this one from 1994

Posted Tue 12 Nov 19 @ 5:38 pm
This reminds me of the guy who went on Dragon's Den with his auto-mixing software...

Initially the idea was to sell mix CDs to the public, but when that didn't take off, he went into the fitness market.

His algorithm (however it's done) is the best I've ever heard from any kind of automatic mixing. It's a shame it never got taken up by any DJ software companies.

https://www.fitmixpro.com/music/auto-dj

Posted Tue 12 Nov 19 @ 5:53 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Where's the Gabba? owt under 170bpm is no workout... hang about they've got "on a ragga tip", fair enough XD

Hang on, 13 pence a track including a dub licence - that's bloody good value, I bought a load of those tracks back in the day and paid 10 times the amount [on C90's].

Posted Tue 12 Nov 19 @ 6:33 pm

Posted Wed 13 Nov 19 @ 5:09 pm
It was quite hard to pay attention to the music there!

IMO that's more of a sequence than a mix. Reminds me of Skrillex tracks - just a series of noises one after the other. :-)

Posted Wed 13 Nov 19 @ 5:41 pm
Still waiting for remedy this bug....

Posted Wed 18 Mar 20 @ 12:26 pm
It's not a bug...

Posted Fri 20 Mar 20 @ 6:43 pm
haxdoanControlleristMember since 2014
Can you. please please tell me why the BPM keep changing in automix (not all the time). Please help me. Thank you!

Here the code:var_equal "AMpWA" 0 ? off & set "AMpWA" 1 & repeat_start_instant "AMpitcher" 33ms & load_pulse ? nothing : pitch 95% : blink & set "AMpWA" 0 & repeat_stop "AMpitcher"

Posted Wed 02 Feb 22 @ 9:32 pm