Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: VDJ 8.2 and VDJ Remote Magic Button

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

RaguTomPRO InfinityMember since 2011
Hi!!

I finally grabbed a Galaxy Tab A to run Remote on. I have only messed with it a little previously on my Android phone, but could never rely on the connection, my battery life....or my lock screen. It is now running EXCELLENT on this tablet. Anything I was worried about while testing on the phone is non-existent on this tablet. I also think it needs to be stressed how solid operation relies on having the most up to date version of Bonjour installed. Can you host the up to date Bonjour64.msi file by itself???? Is that legal?!

On to my issues:
1. The waveform does not seem to match what is in the manual. I can get Horizontal Scratch to come up and look right, but the Rhythm Wave only shows the beat markers, not the rest of the wave.

2. I can't get the magic wand to function as it should. For example, I load a song to Deck A and populate the sidelist with a few tracks. Deck B is unloaded, and crossfader is on A. If I hit the wand, the next song in the sidelist begins to play on B, crossfader starts moving, BPM matched and beats lined up. As soon as the crossfader gets 100% to B, the song on deck B stops and the first song in the sidelist is reloaded on B in pause mode. SOMETIMES, it will load the next song (the song in the list after the one it originally loaded on B) immediately after crossfading, but this song will be in pause mode as well.
Either way, the magic wand button for me is the magic stop button, and I can't determine if it is a bug, or something I am doing wrong!
Automix works fine, as does the Fade Now button that appears where the Magic button was.

As a side note, it would be an excellent addition to have the custom buttons on the remote app as well, to give the app some more customization.

I'd love to hear some suggestions!

Thanks,
Tom

Posted Wed 13 Jul 16 @ 4:50 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
1. Cant reproduce. Rhythm waves show up fine here.
I suppose the CBG (the dots / beatgrid) you are getting, are moving along with the track, correct ?
Does it make any difference on which deck is selected ?
Are you using a 4 deck skin as main ? If yes, can you check if deck 1 is selected as LEFT and deck 2 is selected as RIGHT ?

2. Reported and will be fixed soon.

Posted Wed 13 Jul 16 @ 5:37 am
Thanks for responding so fast!

The beat grid is moving along with the song, and the markers line up with the correct beat position. I am using a 2 deck skin on my main. Both decks only show the beat grid and the grid moves along happily while either one or both are playing. Neither of them ever show the waveform. Odd.

I'm using the latest 8.2 version (early release) if that makes a difference. The galaxy tab is brand new and totally clean. it has the latest version of remote as downloaded from Google Play.

I'm glad to hear the magic button is being addressed! Thanks!

Tom

Posted Wed 13 Jul 16 @ 1:24 pm
Tried this again last night after updating and still had no scrolling waveforms, just 2 scrolling CBG. I'm assuming my issue is on the remote side rather than the program side. I do not have this issue running Remote on my Galaxy S4 phone though. Only occurs on the Galaxy Tab A

Posted Sun 24 Jul 16 @ 6:28 am
Have you tried using a different skin on your remote?

Posted Sun 24 Jul 16 @ 9:13 am
Other skins seem to work OK. I'll download and test a couple more.

Posted Mon 01 Aug 16 @ 4:26 pm
So what skin is it that's causing the problem? Maybe the rhythm waves are drawn using the old code, not the new one.

Old code is still supposed to be supported (on the main VDJ software) but you never know....

Posted Mon 01 Aug 16 @ 4:50 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)