Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: NEW HARDWARE: Pioneer DDJ-RZX - Page: 3

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

groovindj wrote :
It's really just a RZ/SZ with a Numark Dashboard stuck on. Oh, and the price inflated.

I might have been tempted (even at that crazy price) if it had offered standalone USB playback, but no - it's just a controller.

I think it'd make more sense to spend the money on a pair of XDJ1000 and a DJM900. Get yourself something that works without a laptop.

I own the ddi rzx this is nothing like a rz or sz with dashboard stuck on the top there is more efx the jog wheel is the same as the cdi nexus the sound card in the unit is better the rz or sz jog is a pos the rzx is like a all in one nexus unit yes it needs a computer and yes its £2500 to £3000 but your getting a nexus set up for less than half the price

Posted Wed 02 Aug 17 @ 2:43 pm
the SOUND INSURGENT wrote :
PhantomDeejay wrote :
the SOUND INSURGENT wrote :
maybe these other companys will quit monkeying around with kids stuff and step it up (VDJ)......

That's what you consider 'bitching'?? Really??

Two senior members , what a surprise. Ladies stop it and have a informed conversation , the children are listening lol .

I have just purchased this monster with out software yet other than the free download. I am a long term VDJ user and hope this will be mapped however it does work with VDJ to some degree I have seen but not tried yet.vIt would be cool if VDJ did map it or team up with Pioneer as VDJ does have everything for everyone although I did note just trying on my lappy how crisper the sound was with Rekord box.

Posted Wed 06 Sep 17 @ 2:49 pm
PhantomDeejay wrote :
I have wrote it somewhere on these forums, but I'll state it here again:

We do plan to support DDJ-RZX. However we don't have an ETA at this point.
And to be honest, all the things you said are nice to hear, but you should also contact Pioneer and let them know that they need to stop locking the firmware of their devices so that you can use any software you may like with it.
We (as VirtualDj Team) cannot put any pressure on them. You, as their customers, can! :)

Any news update please as its almost been a years since this interesting snippet was issued thank you Phantom. Im sure VDJ and Pioneer could smash the market further

Posted Wed 06 Sep 17 @ 3:00 pm
chriso710 wrote :
although I did note just trying on my lappy how crisper the sound was with Rekord box.

Really ?
Because with the same track playing simultaneously on two different computers, using RekordboxDj and VirtualDj (one one USB A and one on USB B) once I set up the headroom to be the same on both software, I can crossfade between them and not be able to tell any difference...
Same thing was happening with RZ as well...

The only difference any untrained ear can tell is the difference in loudness if you don't step down VirtualDj's auto-gain (zerodb setting) from default to -9 db
Other than that I dare anyone to do a blind test and tell any difference while everything is flat (no pitch and EQ adjustments)

PS: We still can't provide an ETA. We are closer, but we can't tell if it will come next week, next month, or next quarter...

Posted Wed 06 Sep 17 @ 3:29 pm

Posted Wed 06 Sep 17 @ 9:01 pm
Are we there yet ? lol

Posted Sun 17 Sep 17 @ 11:23 am
I am an avid vdj user, I have purchased the rzx and I was hoping that vdj have now got a mapping for this controller. I'm having to have to use rekordbox, I'm not liking 5.0 and think vdj is more my thing. I would be happy to purchase vdj (monthly before I stopped). Any news on this subject? It can't come quick enough for me, please hurry
Eddie

Posted Wed 20 Sep 17 @ 5:14 pm
Crazy , VDJ wasnt approached and added to this kit , a winner for both.

Posted Wed 20 Sep 17 @ 5:20 pm
I have been in touch with Pioneer stating obvious benefits to all concerned if they unlock their products and report back when I get a reply.

Posted Thu 28 Sep 17 @ 12:44 am
Good luck with that!

Posted Thu 28 Sep 17 @ 1:32 am
dcomoPRO InfinityMember since 2012
None of the companies are going to be particularly helpful when asking to unlock their controller for general MIDI usage. Many of us have direct contacts with vendors (I have personal contacts within Denon/InMusic), and though it sometimes _can_ help, general e-mails from people will likely just get lip service since the people that are answering the e-mails essentially have no direct pull within the named company.

Would I like an open MIDI world? Yes... But then again, I'd like a cold beer right now too!

Posted Thu 28 Sep 17 @ 3:24 am
I certainly got in touch with Pioneer regarding allowing their Hardware to run VDJ 8 , also I asked why the unit does not run zip video files as for karaoke. The reply was speedy, they will pass it on to the team . Not heard nothing since.

Posted Tue 07 Nov 17 @ 9:45 pm
Please if any one uses this unit , how are you getting on with ot as for mine is still cased . Plugged it in saw all the fancy lights and that as far as I got . However be good to hear others experiences

Posted Tue 07 Nov 17 @ 9:50 pm
In case you missed the news, we released a temporary unofficial mapper for DDJ-RZX which has everything but the screens working.
My experience with the unit is the same as DDJ-SZ and DDJ-RZ that I've also used in the past.
What I mean is that the unit behaves rock solid for me with VirtualDj and the temporary mapper. There are a few bits of it unmapped, but all critical functions are working 100%

I didn't use the unit with Rekordbox Dj to do a gig or something in order to have an opinion on how it works with it. I just used it to see how screens look like and how they are supposed to work! :P

PS: The mapper is here: http://www.virtualdj.com/plugins/index.html?addonid=80674

Posted Wed 08 Nov 17 @ 9:29 am
chriso710 wrote :
I certainly got in touch with Pioneer regarding allowing their Hardware to run VDJ 8 , also I asked why the unit does not run zip video files as for karaoke. The reply was speedy, they will pass it on to the team . Not heard nothing since.

I guess what they meant is that they will pass on their team why zip files are not supported :P
Not why they are not allowing their hardware to work with VirtualDj 8!

Posted Wed 08 Nov 17 @ 9:30 am
I am to understand i xan now purchase this and use it fully without any problem with vdj ?

Posted Mon 08 Oct 18 @ 12:50 pm
An official mapper is now included in VirtualDJ, yes.
However the full official support will come in a few weeks as we still tweak some aspects of the screens

Posted Wed 10 Oct 18 @ 1:36 pm
Will it be capable of playing zip files from external drive for karaoke

Cheers

Chris

Posted Wed 10 Oct 18 @ 1:43 pm
VirtualDJ is already capable to do so.
DDJ-RZX does not offer ANY stand-alone operation, besides the mixer.

Posted Wed 10 Oct 18 @ 5:34 pm
vdjteamPRO InfinityMember since 2010
Hello PhantomDeejay, I have the DDJ-RZX and use Mac. I have tested the audio settings in Internal Mixer Mode and in External Mode, I also made the respective changes in the DDJ-RZX Setting Utility. This is my problem: If I use Internal Mode I can not activate and deactivate the sampler cue button and if I use External Mode I can activate and deactivate the sampler cue button but the pre-listening of any channel does not work. I hope you can help me. Thank you!

Hola PhantomDeejay, yo tengo la DDJ-RZX y uso Mac. He probado la configuracion de audio en Internal Mixer Mode y en External Mode, tambien hice los respectivos cambios en el DDJ-RZX Setting Utility. Este es mi problema: Si uso Internal Mode no puedo activar y desactivar el boton de sampler cue y si uso External Mode puedo activar y desactivar el boton sampler cue pero no funciona la pre escucha de ningun canal. Espero que me pueda ayudar. Gracias!

Posted Wed 10 Oct 18 @ 8:09 pm
88%