Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: VDJ 8.2 stoped starting up on Mac

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi I did post this in the forum for the release of VDJ 8.2.

basically this is a copy paste from what I posted over there, someone suggested I post this here to see if I can get any help.

This were my 2 posts

I used 8.2 a couple of days ago in both Mac and Windows. Yesterday I went to use it and in the Mac the program wouldn't load I had to force stop it and then when I tried to open it again, it will only start loading up and the logo showed in the bottom tray but nothing more than that. Waited a while and nothing so again I had to force stop it. Did that a couple of times and it never loaded up had to uninstall it and went back to install to 8.1 and it worked perfect. Will try reinstalling 8.2 and see what happens. In Windows no problem, I even had used it in a couple of gigs flawlessly.

OK so I after having to go back to VDJ8.1 in the Mac, I went again up to 8.2 I did it with an earlier built, it installed and when I opened it, it made the update automatically to the newest built and it worked fine, that was a couple of days ago. The bad news is that when I finished I put the Mac to sleep and today when I tried it, again VDJ will not load completely. It did the same as before (my previous post), the VDJ icon showed up int he bottom right corner like all the apps that are ruining and nothing more happened. The difference is that today I tried everything I uninstalled everything, I renamed the original virtual dj folder just in case there is something with the settings, I installed first 8.1 to recreate what had worked before but nothing. I also did clean installs of only 8.2 in three different builds including the latest one but nothing.

So wondering if someone can help me.

Thank you

Posted Tue 21 Jun 16 @ 8:01 pm
Please do the following:
1) Delete current version form Applications folder
2) Download latest Early Access build from http://www.virtualdj.com/download/build.html and instal it
If VirtualDj still fails to open then:
3) Go on Documents/VirtualDj folder
4) Rename settings.xml file to settingsold.xml
Try again.
If VirtualDj starts now please contact us in order to send us the "settingsold.xml" file to investigate it.

Posted Tue 21 Jun 16 @ 9:00 pm
I don't know if this will be the same result as renaming the settings file, but in one of my attempts I renamed the whole virtual dj folder and did a clean install of 8.2 so VDJ can create a new virtual dj folder. After all that it still didn't load.

Posted Wed 22 Jun 16 @ 1:01 pm
Please follow my instructions by letter.
Due to some security changes on MAC OS X we had to update / change a few things on MAC builds. Latest Early Access build should autoupdate and startup normally now

Posted Wed 22 Jun 16 @ 1:24 pm
djdj35PRO InfinityMember since 2007
Ok so i have been having this same problem for two months with my Mac OS X Mountain Lion. Virtual dj 8.2 will work fine. I open and close the program many times and then all of a sudden the Vdj desktop will not open but it will be in the task bar and on the top line of the screen. I then delete the settings and of course a new settings is created. I open the program and have to redo all my settings. Why can't I get a straight answers solution to this??

Posted Wed 14 Sep 16 @ 6:38 am
You should not delete your settings.xml file. You should rename it to something else, and then send it over to us to find out what went wrong.

Settings.xml among other things keeps the position and size of the skin on screen.
Perhaps your skin was set "out of screen" position for some reason, or it's size was set to 0 pixels.
Or it could be something completely different.

Therefore if it ever happens again, do not delete your settings.xml file. Rename it, and send it over to us to study it

Posted Wed 14 Sep 16 @ 12:53 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)