Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Whols Skin Dims

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Just uploaded to the latest version, and I'm sorry to say that I have even more problems now.
My laptop is an Acer E15 with 8gb memory, with I3 processor. This laptop works 100% perfectly with 8.1, and hasn't crashed once using it.
Unfortunately, with the latest 8.2 downloaded, when I load a video to either deck, the whole skin dims and changes colour.
The Force Full Screen is off, DXVA is set to no, and force full screen is 0.

I am aware this is just an early release - and I'm not complaining, just passing my experience on.

Posted Tue 21 Jun 16 @ 7:52 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
What is the video card of your computer ?
Have you tried to update the video card drivers to the latest available version ?

Posted Tue 21 Jun 16 @ 8:04 pm
Yes - did all the usual things that we were advised when 8.2 first came out.
HOWEVER I have now found that force hardware doesn't cause a problem and nor does video always on top.
It's the Force Full Screen option that does it. This causes the awful 'Top 1/4 left hand side of screen flash' problem.

By experimenting, I have now found that the other issue - the whole Skin dimming seems to be Milkdrop based.
Crazy as it seems it only seems to happen if I select Milkdrop as the audio visualization for audio tracks.

Posted Tue 21 Jun 16 @ 8:52 pm
I am having the same issue when milkdrop is activated. In addition to the screen dimming, the animation within VDJ(deck platters, soundwave) is choppy when milkdrop is activated. Have you figured out how to fix this yet?

Posted Fri 20 Jan 17 @ 6:50 pm
Have you tried to update directx? Also try this:
Video FPS 35
VideoMaxMemory 250
Skin FPS 35
If issue is still there with milkdrop then try deleting it and installing it again
(Also have shuffle on)

Posted Sat 21 Jan 17 @ 2:08 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)