Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: 8.2 b3217 - NS7 III - Sound goes crazy when controller map selected

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

DHoudePRO InfinityMember since 2009
When I select my controller map while a song is playing, the sound goes crazy. Once I close the settings window it starts playing normal again. I have a video, but I think this one be pretty easy to reproduce.

Posted Fri 10 Jun 16 @ 10:05 pm
Still happens in Build 3236. Can anyone else confirm?

Just play a track. open settings and select your controller in the map settings. It should sound like a very fast stutter scratch.

Posted Sun 12 Jun 16 @ 11:50 pm
Delete - duplicate post

Posted Sun 12 Jun 16 @ 11:50 pm
Um, support? This is a pretty nasty bug

Posted Fri 17 Jun 16 @ 1:04 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
I haven't experienced this with my NS7-II. Unfortunately none of us have an NS7-III to test with which will make troubleshooting this difficult.

Posted Fri 17 Jun 16 @ 2:34 pm
I am more than willing to work with anyone and I can send a link to the video. The videos are in my Dropbox though, so I don't want to publicly post or I can go over my data quota.

Perhaps it is an issue when playing MP4 video and then selecting the NS7 III map?

I also have an issue with the Numark Dashboard. When I turn the browse knob, the center display quickly flashes between the wave form and Files. So the center display is not really usable for file browsing anymore.

Posted Fri 17 Jun 16 @ 4:06 pm
DHoude wrote :
I also have an issue with the Numark Dashboard. When I turn the browse knob, the center display quickly flashes between the wave form and Files.

So I found out that I get "glitches" like this after making a change to my map file. If I restart VDJ and just start playing music, I don't get this glitch. I need to test some more but perhaps that is why the first problem has not shown up either.

Posted Sun 19 Jun 16 @ 11:37 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Each time you change something on a mapping file, the file is reloaded, meaning that some LEDs (those are related to how the motors work) may be reset, along with the actions sent by the oninit.

FYI, the NS7III is now natively supported in the latest Early Access , and also supports Pads (new mapping), so please remove whatever NS7III files you may have in /Mappers and /Devices folder and test with the factory default.

Posted Mon 20 Jun 16 @ 2:39 pm
So a few things, first wow that map is nothing like before. I do see a major improvement on the playing track when the map is selected (original problem). I still hear minor glitches during playback while the NS7 III map is selected. Not perfect, but a huge improvement.

I see you have drastically simplified the map (I like it), but here is the deal. I had it perfect for my show this weekend but I need help getting back there or I will have to ditch 8.2 for now. I understand how the shift button works differently than before, but I need help finding the best approach. Previously I used a query to change the beat encoder knob based on the old pad mode and then change the "Beat Enc" knob to do different things. My idea was:

Main function (that works):
Beat Enc Always (Not loop mode) was "goto -4" or "goto +4'
Beat Enc Always + Shift (Not loop mode) was "goto -1" or "goto +1"

I need a new query to sense an activated loop (preferred) or loop pad mode so that I can change the knobs behavior to this:
loop active/mode was "loop_move -1" or "loop_move +1"
loop active/mode + Shift was "loop_move -15ms" or "loop_move +15ms"

Posted Tue 21 Jun 16 @ 4:02 am
Got it, still think there is a more efficient way but this is already WAY simpler than before:

Beat ENC

pad_page 'loop' ? param_greater 0 ? loop_move -1 : loop_move +1 : pad_page 'manual loop' ? param_greater 0 ? loop_move -1 : loop_move +1 : param_greater 0 ? goto -4 : goto +4

Shift Beat Enc

pad_page 'loop' ? param_greater 0 ? loop_move -15ms : loop_move +15ms : pad_page 'manual loop' ? param_greater 0 ? loop_move -15ms : loop_move +15ms : param_greater 0 ? goto -1 : goto +1

Posted Tue 21 Jun 16 @ 4:19 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Your scripts look good.

Posted Tue 21 Jun 16 @ 2:34 pm
Thanks to the new NS7 III support and map. The old script was huge! 8.2 is seeming better and better on the NS7 III.

I definitely think there is a glitch with 8.2 mapping though. Sometimes when I paste a new command over an old one or try to erase the old one, I get Gaps or Line feeds that were not in there when I copied it. Between that and having to restart VDJ after map changes so that I don't get odd glitches, not quite solid yet. Functional, just not solid. Fyi, when I got the Gaps or Line feeds, if I restarted VDJ I could paste the still copied command and it would paste flawless. So this could be attributed to more software glitches after making a map change.

Thanks again for the support / advice / help. Hopefully we can fix those small audio blips too while the NS7 III map is selected. I would be interested in helping test out what that is if you don't have an NS7 III.

Posted Tue 21 Jun 16 @ 4:13 pm

Posted Tue 21 Jun 16 @ 4:35 pm
DHoude wrote :
Still happens in Build 3236. Can anyone else confirm?

Just play a track. open settings and select your controller in the map settings. It should sound like a very fast stutter scratch.

yes I can confirm I have seen the same issue with mine...

Posted Mon 27 Jun 16 @ 12:35 pm
BTW, do not be tempted to update your dashboard firmware. It will no longer work with VDJ at the moment. It literally does nothing but show the logos in VDJ now.

Posted Tue 28 Jun 16 @ 1:35 am
djdad wrote :
Each time you change something on a mapping file, the file is reloaded, meaning that some LEDs (those are related to how the motors work) may be reset, along with the actions sent by the oninit.

FYI, the NS7III is now natively supported in the latest Early Access , and also supports Pads (new mapping), so please remove whatever NS7III files you may have in /Mappers and /Devices folder and test with the factory default.

major improvement on the new mapping, I must say. A few glitches still.

Posted Tue 28 Jun 16 @ 9:34 pm
This happens with my ns7iii. Absolutely gutted does the same thing with Serato
1st I had the nv and had a similar problem!
So I sold it and spent 1500.00 ns7iii
Same thing happened but worse
Ns7iii sound problems any ideas or fixes please (video on utube)
Checked specs out for both programs and purchased a laptop for 450.00 and guess what 2 grand out of pocket and worthless piece of unusable junk!!!!
So annoyed spent my days off work trying to sort this out!!!

Posted Wed 16 Nov 16 @ 12:28 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)