Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Wave form is jittery

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

ProfLeePRO InfinityMember since 2011
Since updating to 8.2 and re-scanning my library, the wave forms are jittery no matter what I do. I've changed the skinFPS from 30 to up as high as 50 and as low as 10.
Changing the size of the wave form helps but the jittery is still noticeable.

Using a high spec'd MacBook Pro

Posted Wed 08 Jun 16 @ 3:42 am
ProfLee wrote :
Since updating to 8.2 and re-scanning my library, the wave forms are jittery no matter what I do. I've changed the skinFPS from 30 to up as high as 50 and as low as 10.

Update!!! Problem solved. The issue was with the skin I am using. A few tweaks and all is well.

I'd delete this post if I knew how.

Posted Wed 08 Jun 16 @ 5:17 am
jbezzPRO InfinityMember since 2010
Which skin was it that you were having this problem with ProfLee?

Posted Thu 09 Jun 16 @ 1:47 pm
jbezz wrote :
Which skin was it that you were having this problem with ProfLee?

Controller by DennYo

Posted Thu 09 Jun 16 @ 3:39 pm
DHoudePRO InfinityMember since 2009
Mind sharing exactly what you set to fix it?

Posted Thu 09 Jun 16 @ 4:17 pm
DHoude wrote :

Here's what I wrote to DennYo

Hi Denny-

First of all, thank you for the work you have done on this skin. It has been my default skin since you first released it.

It has been over a year since you have made any updates and so far, I haven't encountered any problems until now with the release of VDJ 8.2

1. The settings box now appears on the screen randomly and is so small as to be unusable. Even clicking on the settings box to pen it still shows a small box.

2. The wave forms are jittery suggesting instability. As I mentioned, I have been using Controller since the beginning but want to be sure everything works as it should.

The wave forms seem to be affected by other things going on with the computer. Open a window and the wave forms calm down. Cycle between skin panels and the wave form calms down. Run a recording of the screen as in the video and the wave form calms down.

However if you close and then reopen the program, the jitters return.

Again thank you in advance.

Posted Thu 09 Jun 16 @ 4:27 pm
ProfLee wrote :
DHoude wrote :

Here's what I wrote to DennYo

Hi Denny-

First of all, thank you for the work you have done on this skin. It has been my default skin since you first released it.

It has been over a year since you have made any updates and so far, I haven't encountered any problems until now with the release of VDJ 8.2

1. The settings box now appears on the screen randomly and is so small as to be unusable. Even clicking on the settings box to pen it still shows a small box.

2. The wave forms are jittery suggesting instability. As I mentioned, I have been using Controller since the beginning but want to be sure everything works as it should.

The wave forms seem to be affected by other things going on with the computer. Open a window and the wave forms calm down. Cycle between skin panels and the wave form calms down. Run a recording of the screen as in the video and the wave form calms down.

See video: https://youtu.be/i2iJoku9Rhc

Posted Thu 09 Jun 16 @ 4:36 pm
ProfLee wrote :

This seems more like a GPU "issue" to me. If you use intelHD graphics try to set the GPU to "Performance" mode instead of auto

Posted Thu 09 Jun 16 @ 4:50 pm
I use the same skin, but on a Mac, and I have no problems with the setting box.
The waveform is also ok, but the waveform below the players is not clear anymore.
Even using the option to remove the shadows don't make it sharper.

Posted Thu 09 Jun 16 @ 5:51 pm
ProfLee wrote :

I mentioned this when I first updated to 8.2 using FRUiT's skin, all I did was switch to the default skin for a few seconds and then back to FRUiT's skin and it stopped being jittery - But before I did that I tried the skin FPS setting by going from 0fps to 60fps to 30fps then back to 0fps to no avail, only changing to and from skins did it settle down (but that could just be my laptop which it worked (Dell Inspiron N7110, Windows 7 Pro, 16GB Ram SCR 1920X720)

Posted Thu 09 Jun 16 @ 5:53 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)