Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Since this has an improved BPM engine, would it behoove me to rescan the entire library?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

ewitlesPRO InfinityMember since 2006
I just rescanned two weeks ago. If it would help, I would of course make a backup of the exe and xml and just let it go.

Thoughts?

Posted Mon 06 Jun 16 @ 4:34 pm
You don't have to rescan the entire library at once.
VirtualDj 8.2 will automatically check if a file needs to be rescanned or not when you load the file on a deck and then it will act accordingly.

Posted Mon 06 Jun 16 @ 4:36 pm
Sorry, I stand corrected. The new BPM engine does not scan automatically the old tracks.
Therefore yes, if you want to benefit from the new engine you will have to rescan your files. However it's not 100% necessary to do so, and certainly it's not necessary to do your entire library at once.

Posted Mon 06 Jun 16 @ 7:36 pm
PhantomDeejay wrote :
Sorry, I stand corrected. The new BPM engine does not scan automatically the old tracks.
Therefore yes, if you want to benefit from the new engine you will have to rescan your files. However it's not 100% necessary to do so, and certainly it's not necessary to do your entire library at once.

I agree...The BPM will update as soon as you load your song on a deck but it won't be as a big difference. Mostly on tracks that have reverse beat or live recorded songs

Posted Tue 07 Jun 16 @ 3:09 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)