Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Tag Editor Question ?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

so i made a filter folder called Dirty / Explicit and it populated with songs that have "dirty" & or "explicit" in the filename/title then i highlighted all the songs & used tag editor and colored them all red.so at any given tyme while DJing and moving in & out of other folders Red stands out as a Non Clean song. (im a wedding DJ so im trying to keep my clean versions from the dirty versions) anyhoo VDJ 8 already came with a filter folder "Most Played" so what i want to do is color all those songs yellow so again its a quick reference as to what i play alot while in & out of other folders while im DJing.

but that folder already has some songs in red. so i click the top column area where it says filename,artist,title, so i thought it would separate all the red songs from the white songs so i could easily color the white songs to yellow but it does not. i dont feel like scrolling through all the songs seeing a random red song just to skip over it.

any help / advice / suggestions ? thanx

Posted Fri 27 May 16 @ 6:29 pm
Rightclick and choose color (in German Farbe) then sort it out ;o)

Posted Fri 27 May 16 @ 6:45 pm
music234 wrote :
Rightclick and choose color (in German Farbe) then sort it out ;o)

thank you so much been stressing trying to figure it out..... 86 views and only one person answered ? anyhoo thank you

Posted Sat 28 May 16 @ 1:47 am
You can also edit your filter folders:

top 400 play count and exists = 1 and play count > 0 and color is not red

top 400 play count and exists = 1 and play count > 0 and color != '#FF0000'

(as an example)

Posted Mon 30 May 16 @ 6:44 am
PhantomDeejay wrote :
You can also edit your filter folders:

top 400 play count and exists = 1 and play count > 0 and color is not red

top 400 play count and exists = 1 and play count > 0 and color != '#FF0000'

(as an example)

i left you a personal message. im not 100% on this filter folders and didnt want to ask a dumb question on here ;-)

Posted Mon 30 May 16 @ 4:47 pm
It's ok, you can ask here.

So, your question was:
Quote :
in your example i edit the most played folder & it will only show songs with play count of one ?

The answer:
I don't know what edits you made, BUT:
The playcount is there as a "safety" measure. It could be removed easily if the "scope" of the filter is the entire database.

Let me analyze the filter:
top 400 play count We ask the 400 most played tracks
AND
exists = 1 We ask they still exist (in other words don't show results from files no longer present on the system)
AND
play count > 0 We ask the playcount to be bigger than 0. In other words the tracks must have been played at least once. As I said above, this is just a "security" measure when the scope of the filter is a folder and not the entire database. Let's say that the scope of the filter is a database with 10.000 tracks. On that database top 400 will most likely return the correct results since it's certain that you have played more than 400 tracks out of 10.000
What happens though if the scope of this filter is a folder with 1000 tracks ? If you have played less than 400 tracks (out of 1000) then the filter will return all played tracks among with a few tracks that have never being played in order to fullfill your "top 400" criteria. In order to avoid tracks that have never being played we add this rule on aur filter.
AND
color is not red We ask to exclude tracks that their color is red.

If you understand how we build our filter folder, then the next example should be easy to understand what it does:

top 100 play count and exists = 1 and play count > 0 and filepath doesn't contain 'dirty' and filepath doesn't contain 'explicit' and title doesn't contain 'dirty' and title doesn't contain 'explicit' and remix doesn't contain 'dirty' and remix doesn't contain 'explicit'

Posted Mon 30 May 16 @ 5:49 pm
PhantomDeejay wrote :
It's ok, you can ask here.

So, your question was:
Quote :
in your example i edit the most played folder & it will only show songs with play count of one ?

The answer:
I don't know what edits you made, BUT:
The playcount is there as a "safety" measure. It could be removed easily if the "scope" of the filter is the entire database.

Let me analyze the filter:
top 400 play count We ask the 400 most played tracks
AND
exists = 1 We ask they still exist (in other words don't show results from files no longer present on the system)
AND
play count > 0 We ask the playcount to be bigger than 0. In other words the tracks must have been played at least once. As I said above, this is just a "security" measure when the scope of the filter is a folder and not the entire database. Let's say that the scope of the filter is a database with 10.000 tracks. On that database top 400 will most likely return the correct results since it's certain that you have played more than 400 tracks out of 10.000
What happens though if the scope of this filter is a folder with 1000 tracks ? If you have played less than 400 tracks (out of 1000) then the filter will return all played tracks among with a few tracks that have never being played in order to fullfill your "top 400" criteria. In order to avoid tracks that have never being played we add this rule on aur filter.
AND
color is not red We ask to exclude tracks that their color is red.

If you understand how we build our filter folder, then the next example should be easy to understand what it does:

top 100 play count and exists = 1 and play count > 0 and filepath doesn't contain 'dirty' and filepath doesn't contain 'explicit' and title doesn't contain 'dirty' and title doesn't contain 'explicit' and remix doesn't contain 'dirty' and remix doesn't contain 'explicit'

thank you :-) im messing around with it now to get my settings correct. right now its (Most Played with filter top 1000 nbplay) so im trying out your settings and see what I come up with. thanx so much im still learning & trying to figure this out

Posted Mon 30 May 16 @ 6:14 pm
so Phantom DJ let me make sure this iz right. Im wanting to make a filter folder with songs played more than 3 tymes & the scope to be my entire database. so iz this correct string = top 1000 and exists = 1 and play count > 3

this way like you said exists = 1 don't show results from files no longer present on the system
play count > 3 will only show songs that have been played 3 tymes or more right ?

Posted Mon 30 May 16 @ 7:09 pm
Yes, this is correct.
HOWEVER: You can skip the "top 1000" part if you don't want to limit the results.

So, you can create a filter like this: exists = 1 and play count > 3

PS: This filter if the scope is "database" should return all files played 4 times or more. It won't return tracks played 3 times because you say playcount should be bigger, not bigger or equal to/from 3

Posted Mon 30 May 16 @ 8:16 pm
Hello all, I am Shweta, I joined this forum recently for knowledge sharing as I love GK :)

Posted Tue 31 May 16 @ 8:13 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)