Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: 3 Deck Skin...

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi all you wonderful developers out there. I'm looking to get 3 MDJ 1000's as HID's. Was hoping if it was possible to create a skin (as picture) to run them from. I don't have a clue about programming. So just wondered if there is anyone out there willing to give it a go. Maybe the 4 Deck Skin modified could do the trick. Sorry about the rough image, as I just quickly cut and paste it together... Many thanks all...

Posted Sat 21 May 16 @ 8:08 pm
geckopawl wrote :
Hi all you wonderful Skin developers out there. I'm looking to get 3 MDJ 1000's as HID's. Was hoping if it was possible to create a skin (as picture) to run them from. I don't have a clue about programming.. The MDJ's will be run through an external mixer, so once the the levels are set on VDJ there is no need for the Channel, EQ and xfader section on the Skin. Any help in solving this would be great. All the very best.

Posted Tue 24 May 16 @ 10:20 am
3 Decks is not a common layout, so I don't think anyone would spend the time envolved to make a skin for just a couple of users.
However you may use any 4 decks skin you may like.

Posted Tue 24 May 16 @ 6:18 pm

Posted Tue 24 May 16 @ 6:33 pm
kradcliffe wrote :
Babis made a 3 deck skin for V7, not sure if it will work properly with V8 though.

http://www.virtualdj.com/addons/12085/TCmania_3Decks.html

Thanks Guys for the input. Kradcliff I shall give it a go when I have all 3 MDJ 1000's. Also as I'm a Pro Infinity user I can DL V7 and use it with that should V8 not be compatible..

Posted Tue 24 May 16 @ 7:23 pm
It's not easy to find information on this site but it doesn't seem those controllers are supported by VDJ 7.

Posted Tue 24 May 16 @ 7:27 pm
kradcliffe wrote :
It's not easy to find information on this site but it doesn't seem those controllers are supported by VDJ 7.

I've just loaded the skin into V8 and it works fine at first glance. With regard to the MDJ 1000 being supported. They are. It's not actually a controller but a CD/USB HID/Midi player that can be used with VDJ.

The idea is to run the MDJ's with VDJ as HID's. Using the sound card in the MDJ's to play the tune via VDJ, whilst running the RCA's from the MDJ's to the external mixer. Although the mixer has yet to be built, so I have plenty of time to figure it out.

The 3deck skin looks great and has all the touches I could have dreamed of. A big thank you to you kradcliff for pointing it out.

It's funny that VDJ is seen as the poor cousin in the digital world of DJing, but My experience with the product and the community has been amazing...

Posted Tue 24 May 16 @ 7:59 pm
They aren't on the list of controllers supported for V7, but then the site isn't updated properly so who knows .......

Posted Tue 24 May 16 @ 8:01 pm
kradcliffe wrote :
They aren't on the list of controllers supported for V7, but then the site isn't updated properly so who knows .......

I took a look and couldn't find the MDJ for V7 but it is on the list for V8

http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/VirtualDJ8%20Controllers.html

Well I must run, time to have a real play with the new skin. Although I'm only running a 2 ch Hercules RMX at the moment I can at least give it a good test..

Once again many thanks for bringing it to my attention Kradcliff..

Once I have the whole booth up and running I shall post a few pics under this post...

Posted Tue 24 May 16 @ 8:24 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)