Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Pioneer DDJSB2 & Speaker Set up

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

rmjones5PRO SubscriberMember since 2016
I've got a SB2 and 2 Active Speakers. Since the SB2 only has RCA out and not XLR, how can I connect both speakers to SB2? Thanks.

Posted Tue 03 May 16 @ 5:34 pm
So the speakers only have XLR inputs? It would've been helpful if you'd told us the make and model.

Anyway, the connection is simple. Just buy a cable that has RCA plugs at one end and XLR the other.

...or you could use a standard RCA-RCA cable and buy RCA to XLR adaptors (Google 'rca xlr adator').

Posted Tue 03 May 16 @ 5:48 pm
Sorry about that. I have two Harbinger V2112 Vari. So I could go two XLR male to two RCA Male connectors? It has RCA and XLR connections.

Posted Tue 03 May 16 @ 7:26 pm
I see that input 2 on the speaker has RCA connections, so why not use those? Obviously only use one per speaker (left to one, right to the other).

Posted Tue 03 May 16 @ 7:40 pm
It does. But there is a significant sound decrease with only one per left & right vs both. So that's what I am curious of any other options for full sound.

Posted Tue 03 May 16 @ 7:43 pm
Would I be able use RCA to 1/4 in the Line 1? Just two sets.

Posted Tue 03 May 16 @ 8:11 pm
rmjones5 wrote :
It does. But there is a significant sound decrease with only one per left & right vs both. So that's what I am curious of any other options for full sound.

No, you are looking at this the wrong way. Yes, there is a sound decrease, because you are not sending both channels to one speaker. However, you are making up for it by adding another speaker, and getting separation. That input is would typically be used for output from a mp3, or CD player. I don't see why you can't use it with your controller. Of course you would have to use single RCA to RCA males, or pull apart a stereo set. The other two suggestions work fine, RCA to XLR or RCA to 1/4 inch.

Posted Sun 08 May 16 @ 5:01 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)