Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Getting an exact sync? (VDJ 7)

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I've got a hotkey mapped to play_sync. It gets very close, but not exact. When I press sync again after, it syncs it exactly. Now the difference is only slight, but it needs to be spot on. Especially when 3 tracks are in the mix.

So is there a way to get an exact play_sync in one button press? I've currently got it mapped to "play_sync & sync", but it doesn't work. I think the sync needs to activate straight after the play_sync instead of at the same time.

Posted Thu 21 Apr 16 @ 3:28 pm
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
I don't know... just a guess:

sync & play_sync & pause & play_sync

Posted Fri 22 Apr 16 @ 10:17 am
AsTheDJPRO InfinityMember since 2008
In VDj-7 try playing or move your Phase some one each song in your BPM editor

Posted Fri 22 Apr 16 @ 5:46 pm
AsTheDJPRO InfinityMember since 2008
lol ]In VDj-7 try playing or move your Phase some for each song in your BPM editor before mixing/Sync

Posted Fri 22 Apr 16 @ 6:58 pm
I'll give that a try when I get home PachN. Don't think it'll work though as it's triggered all at the same time, just like my initial example is.

Not sure what you mean asthedj? I've gridded all of my tracks already. Just need to cleanly sync on just one button press. My mixing is very fast and complicated so I need all my actions to be as simple as possible.

Posted Sat 23 Apr 16 @ 11:24 am
Still no luck on this. PachN unfortunately it doesn't work - It still needs a second key press to sync precisely. I would press the same key twice, but I've also got the key mapped to gotocue 1, and pressing it twice will jump back to the cue point. The action has to be on a single key (space is limited, and it needs to be fast and simple).

Can anyone think of a solution?

Posted Wed 27 Apr 16 @ 2:04 pm
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
So, what is the exact script you are using right now on the button?

Posted Wed 27 Apr 16 @ 2:15 pm
I don't have access to the internet where my VDJ is, so I'm doing this from memory and the script below is likely to have some coding errors in it. But the script is:

deck 1 gotocue_1 & deck 1 play_sync & deck 1 sync

I've also been trying:

deck 1 gotocue_1 & deck 1 play_sync & deck 1 play_sync ? deck 1 sync : deck 1 sync

A lot of the time I get an exact sync, but sometimes it is just very slightly off, which is a problem when there are 3-4 tracks in the mix. You'll have to listen and look closely, but it is there and is fixed by a second sync press. There doesn't seem to be a clear reason as to why it's off.

Posted Fri 29 Apr 16 @ 8:56 am
Have you considered upgrading to VDJ8?, the sync in the new version is very accurate.

Version 7 is now deprecated and won't be updated any more.

Posted Fri 29 Apr 16 @ 8:58 am
Yeah have thought about it. Tried it out but found it much easier to grid my tracks in VDJ 7. And then when I imported my tracks into VDJ 8, the gridding was shifted.

I get that VDJ7 won't be updated. Just hoping for a simple solution

Posted Fri 29 Apr 16 @ 10:16 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)